I am wondering how do some banks manage to charge no foreign transaction fees?

Is it that they apply any innovative commercial or technical idea to avoid this cost or they simply burden on their shoulders this cost for facilitating customer acquisition (since no foreign transaction fees is a lot attractive for travellers)?

For a quick review of which banks charge foreign transaction fees or not you can have a look here:

For example, what TransferWise does by matching people who want to exchange money is innovative but I am not sure that these banks above apply even this.
(And also by the way I think that TransferWise still has some considerable foreign transaction fees)

VirtualGlobalPhone

Top Poster Of Month
It's difficult to make complex banking business into simple understandable language. If a bank gives free on one, it recovers from other charges. If they don't then they have to soon or later else they will close.

It's difficult to make complex banking business into simple understandable language. If a bank gives free on one, it recovers from other charges. If they don't then they have to soon or later else they will close.

Hello, thank you for your answer but my question was pretty clear and unanswered by your post.

My question was 'how' these banks manage to do this; not 'why'.

Top Bottom