Naylah

Hi All
As I was doing research for my start-up project ( A tool for job hunting), I found myself looking for prior folks who may have done this ''unsuccessfully'' or with modest success. What I wanted is to buy any prototype they may have built. Then I had another idea. Perhaps a marketplace for failed start-ups connecting them with folks willing to take another chance on that business. Maybe they have different skills than the original founder and are willing to pay so that they don't start from scratch.

What do you think of this idea? How would I grow it?

djbaxter

Administrator
Welcome to BizWarriors, Naylah :)

That's an interesting idea but sounds a bit complicated.

How would you find these failed startups or the people willing to take a second shot at the failed businesses?

Are you thinking about a sort of classified site where people could post information about the failed or failing business and solicit buyers or partners? And where others could solicit people who are currently seeing their business failing?

The timing is another issue, with so many small businesses currently failing due to the COVID-19 pandemic, although that is more likely to affect brick-and-mortar businesses than online businesses.

Naylah

Hello djbaxter
Yes, indeed the difficulty is finding and vetting the supply - people wanting to sell their business. Demand (the people willing to buy may be a bit easier)
I guess I may need to find a few folks who may want to sell (through networks) to see where they would ''go'' to do that.
Happy to hear if you have any thoughts..

djbaxter

Administrator
It's not something I've ever tried to do personally but perhaps some of our members will be able to suggest something.

Top Bottom