Favorite networking apps/sites?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:6)

Leigh Steele

Administrator
  • Besides the awesomeness of BizWarriors, what's been your favorite networking app/site/tool and why?
  • Do you have any success stories to share around powerful connections you've made?

I think Linkedin has the most potential, but the problem is that it's too cluttered with everyone trying to make the sale.

Leigh Steele

Administrator
I think Linkedin has the most potential, but the problem is that it's too cluttered with everyone trying to make the sale.
Oh, interesting point Rrich. Can you tell me a little more about what that means exactly for you? Which part is cluttered? I'm always interested in how things can be more streamlined to meet needs of users. :)

• Besides the awesomeness of BizWarriors, what's been your favorite networking app/site/tool and why?
  • Do you have any success stories to share around powerful connections you've made?
I am a LinkedIn fan. I enjoy the business collaboration and community. The network of people is supportive and each is willing to help at a moments notice. I have witnessed networks sharing a post for an individual who was searching for a new job or providing positive conversation to someone who was feeling down. I find that communication is easy and tends to stay on the topic of business.

Leigh Steele

Administrator
RhondaS Sounds like you've had a really positive experience with LinkeIn. And it really is something in this day and age of distraction when you find a community that can stay on topic! :)

Leigh Steele I've had a positive experience with the platform. You get to connect with interesting people etc.

Yet, the user experience isn't that great particularly in Groups. There's a lot of redundant content being passed around, tons of people trying to sell their coaching service, and more.

Leigh Steele

Administrator
Rrich I honesty haven't spent a ton of time on LinkedIn but it's good to know it resonates with many. I don't feel their platform and design is especially intuitive so it's not a platform I gravitate towards. That said, I know it's been amazing for making connections and that's priceless.

yes, linkedin is quite powerful social network. I got my first job in the Marriott Hotel, just by writing to General Manager of the hotel :)