1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Entrepreneur and Business Manager

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Bruno Moreira-Guedes, Jan 28, 2017.

What's your general impression about me?

1. Looks like you can help me

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looks like you can't help me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I liked you

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Sorry, I don't like you

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I think you can add value to the forum

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  6. I don't think you can add value to the forum at all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.

Share This Page

1. Hello BizWarriors,

I'm Bruno Moreira-Guedes, 29 years old, from Brazil. Like most of you, I started my own business (in 2008). It's a software company, and I had been for about 6 years in the IT Industry at that time, then I dropped out the college when I was studying Information Systems to start my first business.

The years passed and I started studying Business Management in 2011, in one of the best Brazilian universities. But you might know, going to college and running a business at the same time isn't an easy task. This is why, in 2015, I retired so I can finally finish my bachelors degree.

Before that, I had already decided to leave my country "someday" after finishing my studies. And after I retired, things changed and I started to think: "hey, what am I going to do if I go away?". Then I've figured out that I have been managing a company for 6 years, and I'll probably be 6 years in the Business college, where I also did a lot of consulting related to my subjects, knew a lot of companies, realities, and... I learned a lot with that. So, why not use my knowledge and experience to develop my networking around the world before going somewhere?

And now I'm here, in my last year in the college and offering my experience and knowledge in Management for entrepreneurs like me. I use to say I know the management as an art, as I have lived the daily task of managing a company, and the management as a science, as I studied it, did research, assisted consulting and knew the bases of the management science. And this is what I can offer for you, and till I formally finish the college, I won't be charging a single cent for that!

I'll do it in several ways, the first one is answering questions in the forum, as long as they concern to management, and I'm also offering my services in other ways (you can contact me if you need something that is 'bigger' than what fits in the forum).

Adam Toren and djbaxter like this.
  2. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

Bruno Moreira-Guedes likes this.
  3. Thanks again, @djbaxter, I just loved this community and will surely keep in touch!

4. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Member

@Bruno Moreira-Guedes, Welcome to the BizWarriors Forum!!!

Great introduction! I am also working on getting my degree within the IT field but I probably will graduate by 2021 (or so). I have never retired, but I do own my Own Business as an Affiliate Network Owner. I also am a volunteer within my community as well. I am am moderator on her on top of everything else.

Nice to e-meet you and hope you have continued success.

5. Ohh, @William Clements, glad to know you've kept doing both!! When I started, my preference used to be keeping both, too! Sadly, after a time I wasn't satisfied with my pace at all.

Great business you have, by the way! Affiliate Networks always fascinated me.

6. William Clements

@Bruno Moreira-Guedes, owning an affiliate network can be very profitable and same as with some pretty good Affiliate Marketers as well.

7. I believe you!!

A couple of years ago I used to be an affiliate of a Portuguese company.
    And even though I used to think a lot of things should be modified by them at this time, the business model really amazed me.

For how long are you in this business, @William Clements?

8. Adam Toren

Adam Toren Administrator Moderator Member

@Bruno Moreira-Guedes, Fantastic introduction and we're very happy to have you join us here on the BizWarriors forum. Yes, I just voted above and I'm quite certain that you can add quite a bit of value from your experiences on the forum.
    What country will your journey take you to next?

9. Hey, @Adam Toren, it'll take a long time to my experience become as rich as yours (I've read the About Us page!), so I'm glad I can learn a lot here! By the way, congratulations, this forum is really a great place where I hope to fit.

About the country, I've been always thinking about the US.

So, what about you, @Adam Toren? Where are you from?

10. William Clements

I've been in this business since age 13 and 27 (will be 28 in April) now so that is that is 14 (almost 15) years.

11. Adam Toren

Thank you for the kind words @Bruno Moreira-Guedes. Much appreciated.
    I am born and raised in Vancouver BC and now living in the beautiful sunny city of Phoenix, AZ. Have you been here before? We have a thriving entrepreneurial and tech community here. Check out http://techAZ.org see some of the great things happening in Phoenix.

I have heard wonderful things about Brazil and the start up community there as well. I would love to visit there one day too. What type of business consulting do you specialize in? Again, we are very happy to have you on the forum. We have some big plans to help out a lot of entrepreneurs here with Biz Warriors.

12. Ohh, Arizona, the state without daylight saving. Must be an excellent place to live! I have never been outside of the South America, actually, but I've made lots of friends online.

About the link, are you sure it's right? It just opened a domain offer page.

And yes, we have a cool startup community here. In my state (Santa Catarina) we have thousands of IT startups, plus lots of other kinds of tech startups. It's important for renewing our economy that was mainly industrial for a long time, and now it's hard to compete with i.e. China.

About the consulting, I'm just starting and still exploring. I'm just doing pro bono until I actually finish the college. I'm picking projects in Marketing, Strategy and related (products development, innovation management, etc). I'm starting with micro and small business because I think they need the most. But I'd accept other types of works, as long as I'm familiar enough to deliver something. I also have some subjects to finish yet in 2017, so I'll probably need to develop some specific projects along this year, then I'll have to stick to certain topics in some moments.

Anyway, what can you already say about the projects you have? Is there anything I can help? I'd love!

Adam Toren likes this.
  13. Adam Toren

Yes, Arizona has been great! Great weather and a great Startup scene. I corrected the link, it is: http://techAZ.org

Santa Catarina, Brazil looks beautiful, I just googled it and saw a travel video on Youtube.

I've really been loving your engagement here on the Biz Warriors Forum, its much appreciated. I also recently added you to linkedin. Looking forward to connecting.

14. Thanks, I'm liking the forum too, and taking a look every couple of days, trying to answer what I feel I'm able to. I've accepted you on LinkedIn, thanks for adding.

And yes, Santa Catarina has a beautiful coast and a great travel industry too! My city, Chapeco, is away from the coast, and not as beautiful (it's beautiful, but no way to compete), yet we still have a good travel industry here, mostly based in business events. Maybe it's because I was raised mostly here, but I recommend a visit to our state for everybody coming to Brazil!

Now it's working, the website is awesome, looks like you have a great way to foster and spotlight the entrepreneurship there. I liked that page where local entrepreneurs are introduced, and the tech directory. I think such communities are very important to spread tech (and non-tech) entrepreneurship! When people see great companies founders (i.e. Microsoft's or Apple's), they look like an impossible thing to achieve, out of their reality. But when they see "the guy who lives in my neighbor" doing it, they just think: "I can do it too".