1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Don't miss the Leonid Meteor Shower, which peaks this week

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EF-Roger, Nov 16, 2015.

Share This Page

1. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Member

A meteor shower peaking this week could bring a great cosmic show to people in places dark enough to see it.

The Leonid meteor shower should be at its peak Tuesday night into Wednesday morning, before dawn local time, for observers with clear skies and low light pollution in the United States.

"A waxing-crescent moon will set before midnight, leaving dark skies to view these bright and colorful meteors," NASA said in a statement. "Dedicated observers with a telescope may wish to watch the Moon's earthlit night side for flashes due to Leonid meteoroid impacts on its night-side hemisphere."

Read more Don't miss the Leonid Meteor Shower, which peaks this week

2. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Member

I really wish I have my own telescope so that I could be able to watch this. Sadly, I don't have one.