More threads by Azam.net

Azam.net

We are building a website for a business that is catering for and will mainly have a UK audience.

The business is currently using GoDaddy for various services. GoDaddy have told us that they don't have servers in the UK but the nearest ones are in Amsterdam in the Netherlands.

I appreciate that Amsterdam is not that far away, but will it have a meaningful impact if the website is only catering for a UK audience?

Would there be advantages to us using a host with a UK server for a website serving a UK audience?

Thank you.

Constantin

NEVER use GoDaddy, their host simply sucks and is way overpriced. The best hosting providers are Siteground and Hostinger, and both of them have data centers in England.
And yes, having your server as close to your target audience is the easiest speed optimization you could implement for your website, distance between England and Amsterdam isn't that big, but still, even if it loads your website a millisecond faster, that's better than nothing.

djbaxter

Administrator
I don't use GoDaddy for hosting but they are find for domain registration.

Azam.net

Thank you for the very useful feedback djbaxter and Constantin.

Constantin, why would you say GoDaddy's webhosting is not good? I'm curious to know.

QRCode

QR Code
Top Bottom