1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Do Off-Peak Rates for Electricity Apply to Businesses?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Natalie Cole, Jun 27, 2017.

Share This Page

1. I got a call yesterday from a salesperson who was "encouraging" me to switch from utility to their supplier. Anyway, one thing he said stuck with me. He said something about rates being lower during off-peak hours. This got me thinking, is this true for businesses? How do I know what hours have the most consumption if we have machines running 24/7 anyway? Our electric bills are surprisingly high. I didn't expect utility bills to be this high when were making our business plan.

2. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

That's a good question. Unfortunately, I don't even know the answer for Canada, let alone the US.

Worth calling your current utility company, both about off-peak hours and about why your bills are so high. I believe in Canada they will monitor usage and do an analysis for you, possibly for free.