Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Do everything yourself? or pay for professional help/advice?

Discussion in 'General Business and Entrepreneurship' started by West -Jacob, Oct 30, 2017.

Share This Page

1. West -Jacob

West -Jacob Member

try to do everything yourself and for free?
    or is it better to pay money and get professional advice?

Aaminah Naveed likes this.
  2. Edvin

Edvin MVP Member Top Contributor

Hi West -Jacob,

Your question is too generic; so, I guess a generic flow-chart (see below) is an appropriate answer.
    I can tell you that the ones that I know whom do "most of the work" are pressed for time and their business is unable to grow.

todo.jpg !

okanda and djbaxter like this.
  3. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

View attachment 1394
    I love it! :)

Good point.

4. Annie Tunheim

Annie Tunheim Member

When potential clients ask me whether or not they can just obtain a registered trademark on their own, I tell them while yes, it can be deceptively simple to fill out the paperwork, there is quite a bit of knowledge behind the paperwork to navigate the various paths, and like the flow chart Edvin posted above, a small business owner often already has enough on his/her plate. The frustrating part about spending time/energy/money to take care of some business matters is that you may not do it correctly, so you may either not get a registered trademark at the other side, or get something that will not be effective for the goals of your business. Often, there is only a nominal sum of money added when you hire the right person to do the job, and the end product is a much higher quality.

Edvin and djbaxter like this.
  5. ajaykusumseo

ajaykusumseo Member

I think best is pay for professional advice.

6. Ronnie McGhee

Ronnie McGhee Member

It's depend that how much you can do for your business. sometime happen, some work you can't do, you need professional for the same to do that work, if it save your time and in less money then hire professional..
    Good Luck..