Digital Marketing Strategy

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Digital Marketing Strategy as a broad is to design and execute engagement optimization strategy to help deliver personalized experiences to customers or clients.

But what is the proper road map to select the right tool, technology and strategy to achieve personalization?

Yes, Digital Marketing is like an ocean. Choosing the right one is much difficult. I advise you to take SEO and Social media marketing. Both the things are really helpful to drive traffic online business.

Edvin

MVP
Top Contributor
I don't like providing this kind of feedback because it is too general; but, I guess it is better than nothing...

Start by mapping out your customer touch point journey and see how you can improve user experience at each stage.

A customer may start his journey by searching for a product on the web; you obviously need to have appropriate ad targeting the client.
When they land on your webpage or social media page, it is important that the landing page content is relevant based on their journey.
Or perhaps, the customer is calling based on a radio ad, in which you should be able to identify the customer before you answer the phone!
This is the first stage in personalization.
As the client moves through your campaign (online or offline), you need to track user interaction; so, that you can provide contextual information; collecting user data is the key here.

You can further improve user experience by using third-party data to show relevant content. For example, if the user was looking for iPad on amazon, you may want to show-case relevant content on your commerce site.
As the customer journey unfolds (making purchases, calling support, etc), you need to keep all the interactions in mind and have automation activity trigger (i.e. email that has special offer for last item browsed).

When a customer calls the support hotline, all customer information must be available to the support agent. However, you can enrich customer experience by having a system in place that provides even more contextual information; for example, based on data collected the user you can match a user persona, which can make communication more effective. If you use machine learning, you might even find new customer segments so that you can better expedite the customer through their journey.

To reach the pinnacle of personalization it means making disparate database content available across different systems.
There are tools that specialize in providing personal experience (i.e. Sitecore, Hootsuite, Marketo) at different touch points; but, it does take time and effort to implement each solution.
If you have the budget, you can look at analyst Forrester Wave and Gardner Magic quadrant to find big players in the industry; admittedly, companies pay lot of money to get on these reports and they may not paint a true picture.
Even if you have the best tools, you need to use third-party services and implement custom solutions so that you can make data available across different systems.

A rough number, is that you need to spend about 16-20% of marketing budget towards the infrastructure and tracking
(see marketing Divide in this post); so, due to logistical reasons only large organizations with deep pockets maybe able to achieve best personalized experience.

In either case, you start by looking at a customer touch points and think about how you can improve upon each point, and then you look for the right tools and talent to help you achieve that.

djbaxter

Administrator
Email marketing works best because the money is in the list...
But what really is the evidence for this?

And surely it depends on the type of email marketing, don't you think? Simply buying a mailing list and blasting out thousands of emails is a great recipe for getting blacklisted but I really don't think it is a recommended method for actually achieving sales.

I was not talking about buying a mailing list and blasting out thousands of emails...I was talking about building your own targeted email list by having an opt-in box on your website and sending emails to it...

djbaxter

Administrator
I didn't mean to imply that you said that. My comments were directed more generally because if my spam filters are any indication it would appear that a lot of people think that's what email marketing is.

Your digital marketing strategy is the series of actions that are going to help you achieve your goals using online marketing. So, here are the tips to build a comprehensive digital strategy:
  • Identify your goals & the digital marketing tools you’ll need
  • Evaluate your existing digital marketing channels and assets
  • Audit and plan your owned media.
  • Developing a call-to-action.
  • Email Marketing
  • Social Media Marketing
  • Link Building/Earning
  • Public Relations (PR)

Blasting out email list will get you in spam. I would suggest start giving your product for free promote it on various sites and social media when you will start getting the leads from it you can try to sell your products.

Run FB paid ads which is comparatively cheaper than adwords and you will generate huge traffic.
If you have the budget go for Adwords it works or else settle for remarketing.