Debt collection or consumer/mortgage lending?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

luxtones

I'm in security right now but planning to go back to my old job which is related to loans at all. I'm planning to open up a consumer loan business, is it recommended to work in a loan center to gain experience or can I just work a normal job and teach myself about finance and loans?

djbaxter

Administrator
I would think it would be better to get some hands on experience working in a loan company. There are a lot of things you can't learn well from books.

luxtones

Anyone on here in debt collection or financial business? I want to do debt collection because I have 2 years' worth of experience in the field but my heart is more towards lending people money in the consumer/mortgage industry rather than collecting it. But with consumer/mortgage lending, I do not have a lot of experience in it. Is there any resource that will help me learn more about financial loans without having to find a different job in that industry?

luxtones

Anyone on here started a debt collection business in California yet? and I was wondering, can we use our cell phone to call debtors or do we have to have a landline?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Latest posts