Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Corporate Video Producer

Discussion in 'Seeking Employees, Partners, and Investors' started by Drew.Baum., Jan 12, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Drew.Baum.

Drew.Baum. Member

Hello,

I’m Drew Baum and I’m seeking an investor for my business. I am looking for $5,000 with 20% interest for 8 months.

I’m an 18 year old business entrepreneur. My business is Baum Media and Photography. We film and produce corporate videos for local businesses along with photographing many local events. Since launching in March of 2017 I've done $31,000 in revenue, $16,000 of which came in Q4 alone. I are on track to double our event bookings and paid corporate videos in Q1 2018. This loan will be used to have a website professionally built with online appointment booking as well as begin a marketing campaign to my greater metropolitan area. These 2 things are necessities to continue growth moving into 2018.

I look to keep this loan process as transparent as possible. This loan will be secured with a contract and collateral so you know your investment is secure. I would like to thank you in advance for any help you might be able to offer.

Sincerely,
    Drew Baum

Alla Taff likes this.
  2. Edvin

Edvin MVP Member Top Contributor

Hi Drew.Baum,

Congratulation on your start ...

Your budget does seem reasonable; but, I'm afraid I can't help.

If you find it difficult to find financial support, you may find utilization of open source Web Content Management System (WCMS) valuable. You can easily select among large number of design templates and functional plugins.
    For example, you can get managed wordpress from godaddy for $5/mo, and ask someone from fiverr to build your site with popular wordpress plugin for appointment, photo-album, etc for less than a $100.
    For your marketing you may find facebook paid ads a cost-effective startup strategy. I'm sure you have other things in mind; but, wanted to provide some DIY help.

Good luck.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    Alla Taff likes this.
  3. Drew.Baum.

Drew.Baum. Member

Thank you and yes I've posted this in different places around the internet and have found websites can be started of $50. I thought it was going to be a couple hundred at least. Also, I ran a series of Facebook ads last year, but wasn't seeing any success. I'm looking to do more newspaper ads as well as getting an ad our towns local business magazine. I've spoken with local business owners who have seen much success taking those routes as compared with Facebook ads.

Thanks for your time and response.

Edvin likes this.
  4. Edvin

Edvin MVP Member Top Contributor

It sounds like you're doing a great job of trying different marketing strategies.

Once I shared with someone that the results of my research were contrary to my expectation, in which I was told "Of course! That's because... blah, blah, blah...".
    I find myself in the same boat; I'm compelled to say blah, blah, blah corporate users search Google not facebook; but, I can only make this assumption based on your last posting.

I'm curious, did you find similar results with Google Ad word campaign (with geo-fencing)? Incidentally, I once read that yahoo ad campaign had lower cost-per-acquisition than google; but, am unable to quantify it.​

A while ago I came across Magazine Advertising - Trade Secrets, which to me seemed like a great resource. Here are few excerpt from the author, which I hope you find useful:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    Alla Taff likes this.