Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Closing sales hacks

Discussion in 'Sales' started by Yuliabrvk, Feb 8, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Yuliabrvk

Yuliabrvk Member

In fact, I cannot even imagine that I’m able to make my customers buy something so easily. These techniques let me increase my earnings and promote my store. They surely work but I’d like to learn some of your experience of using the closing sales techniques. Share your experience, please.

2. Zachary Kirkland

Zachary Kirkland Member

I have found that by not using high pressure sales but using information that is solving their problem makes the sale even easier. People do not want to be sold, they want their problem to be solved, so if you can solve their problem with your product or service then the sale is yours. This will also make that person more loyal to you, because they know you are there to help them not take advantage of them.

djbaxter likes this.
  3. Edvin

Edvin MVP Member Top Contributor

From consumer perspective I love it.
    From business perspective, I disagree.

Do consumers need the latest smartphone?
    Great sales professionals will give consumers a sense of urgency and get them excited about purchases; otherwise, the customer will walk across the street and buy the competing product.

My brother, currently an entrepreneur, has experience in sales and once was nationally recognized for highest Toyota automotive sales. His art of persuasion is so great that at one point in my youth I refused to communicate with him due to his ability to convince me on any topic; yes, he is that good.
    I know he uses many strategies; but, I was left speechless when he shared with me that as he communicates with someone, he is anticipating multiple responses and formulating respective counter points before the person has even responded! In a way, he is playing conversational chess. This strategy is used by attorneys where they anticipate and prepare for counter arguments in advance; maybe, that is why sales professionals and lawyers have a bad reputation.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  4. Mike Branton

Mike Branton Member

In my experience, "closing" the sale, should be as easy as ending a conversation. If you are doing a good job of talking with your customer about their needs and what they want to accomplish, and if your product/service is honestly a good solution for what they hope to achieve, you should be able to "close" with something as simple "are you ready to get started?".

In my business, I talk with a potential client about what is working, what is not, and what they hope to accomplish. I share my ideas, and ask them if they would like to move forward together on implementing them. In most cases, I begin with "If you would like to get started on this together, here is how the money side of it works..." and I give them the pricing options. If it is a fit, we move forward. Often, we do not; either because the person is not ready to invest in their success, or because they feel uncomfortable about committing to change, or because they do not believe that I can help them, or due to some other factor.

If they are not ready, some kind of "hard close" is not going to make them ready to do business together. I stay in touch over time in case they change their mind about their "readiness", or in case the "pain" associated with not changing becomes great than the pain associated with the change. In many cases, they do eventually become clients. Often, they do not. If I compromise their trust in me with some kind of hard close "technique", they are much less likely to trust me and to become a client later.

djbaxter and mfawcett like this.