SheckyS01

Top Poster Of Month
So I'm about to purchase a business. I never thought I would own or run a business and so... I was never very careful about offending people on facebook. But I'm realizing now that if I'm going to run a business, there's a lot of stuff on my facebook page that is religious or political and might alienate some of my potential customers.

I don't really want to delete the whole page. Is there some way that I can ensure that my posts are not seen by anyone but my close friends? Is there a way I can go through and delete any content that might be offensive - even if that means going through ever post I ever made?

djbaxter

Administrator
Yes you can do both.

By default, posts on my personal page are all Friends only. That's good practice for everyone, I think. That way, having access to your business page doesn't give them access to posts on your personal page.

Change your settings on your personal page to Friends only. That will only affect new posts going forward though.

As for current or previous posts, you need to go back and edit those to change their settings - or you can delete them outright if you prefer. I don't know of any way to do it in bulk.

JShivell33

There was a time when I would have thought the business (Facebook) page was all you needed to worry about, but that is no longer the case. Djbaxter has given you some good advice, and there is very little I can add to it. But, I did bring up the business Facebook page, so I could add that you might take a look at that as well. You're going to want to make sure going forward that the business page reflects the vision of the new owner, and see if there are any problem posts from the past that you need to deal with. Former customers who find out that there is a new owner might be persuaded to return if you treat them right.

Julia Sta Romana

Top Contributor
What I suggest is you create a separate Facebook page for your business. To keep your business page separate from your personal profile. If you need to post something business related, just post on the business page as your business and share it on your personal page if you want. Just make sure you don't share or post anything personal on the business page.

djbaxter

Administrator
What I suggest is you create a separate Facebook page for your business. To keep your business page separate from your personal profile. If you need to post something business related, just post on the business page as your business and share it on your personal page if you want. Just make sure you don't share or post anything personal on the business page.

Absolutely! Perfect and succinct advice. Thanks, Julia Sta Romana.

twinkle

Perfect!

Top Bottom