Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Charge a guest's credit card?

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by Ana Lu Lima, Jan 30, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Ana Lu Lima

Ana Lu Lima Member

Hello, I work with vacation rentals and I have listings at Booking and Expedia. Both sites give us the guest’s credit card informations and we charge the guests. I have a friend who has 3 properties in LA and he is using a tool within Booking that allows him charge without any cost. Can you find how can I be able to use this tool, or find other ones that are costless or inexpensive?

2. Edvin

Edvin MVP Member Top Contributor

If you subscribe to a company's services (i.e. booking system), they may provide credit card processing for free as part of their services; after all, you are paying for it indirectly.

Everyone pays "interchange rate", which is a non-negotiable fee set by credit-card companies.
    As merchants we use payment gateways or processors; each card processor has his/her own fee schedule, which sit on top of the interchange rate.

The only way you will find a payment processor that has "zero" fee is one that is eating the interchange rate on your behalf. As you can imagine there are not going to be any vendors like that unless you find one that is using it as part of their promotional strategy.

If you are looking for payment processor I've found cardconnect and paylinedata priced well during my recent research. Otherwise, find a vendor that provides a service you can use, comparable to your credit card fee, and offers the credit card processing as part of their services.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    djbaxter likes this.