Hello guys, how are you?

I'm new here in bizwarriors, just writing 'cause I read a lot of posts here...

So, let introduce myself and my family. My name is Johny, 32y old, brazilian, my wife, Aline, 27y old, italian and my daugther Stephanie, just 8y old, italian/brazilian.

I work since my 14y old, always in family business and my wife is photographer of pregnant women, newborns and families...

Me and my wife, we were in Florida (Miami and Orlando) 3 years ago and we really like the United States especially this wonderful state. Shortly after we returned from our trip, we decided that we would love to live in this country. So we researched many ways to live quietly, and we did not even think about getting illegal in the country, for many reasons known by everyone.

After a long time researching and talking with several people, we discovered the option of E-2 visa, my wife could apply to be a local investor.

Now is where I would like to count on the help, appreciation and knowledge of you guys.

So, we have an amount of approximately US$ 150,000.00, of which we can provide about US$ 100,000.00 to apply for the E-2 visa, we have to open a business or acquire one.

First we thought about buying a fuel station, but in reports read on internet I realized that it is not a big deal (please correct me if I am making a mistake). Then we thought of a Subway franchise, but I also realized that it was not something profitable.

As I said, we will be living in 3, preferably in Florida, Texas, Nevada or California.

Can you help me to understand a little more the business market of this beautiful country?

I would also very much like to be able to indicate business so that me, my wife and my daughter, had an income without exaggeration, but good.

Thank you so much guys.

Regards from Brazil.

djbaxter

Administrator
I don't live in the US or know anything about the regulations governing US immigration (especially with Trump seemingly changing them and making up new ones as he goes along), but welcome to BizWarriors Forum.

I'm sure someone will pop into your thread with information and advice soon. :)

I don't live in the US or know anything about the regulations governing US immigration (especially with Trump seemingly changing them and making up new ones as he goes along), but welcome to BizWarriors Forum.

I'm sure someone will pop into your thread with information and advice soon. :)

Hello djbaxter :)

Thank you for your message, I'm glad to read this.

See you...

Hey, @Johny Hudson, looks like I'm not the only Brazilian in this forum. Welcome!!

I also plan to move to the US in the next year. I don't have the local knowledge you asked for (but there are plenty of Americans in this forum, they'll know better about the best opportunities).

However, I believe I can do a small contribution for your question, if you don't mind: if you and your family plan to be working in your own business and managing it, you must do something you LIKE and WANT to do. I mean, it must be profitable, of course, but it MUST give you pleasure or it won't be a big deal anyway. And you'll have to know (or study a lot) the industry too, and know ways to be constantly innovating and differentiating your business.

So, why don't you start with a list of businesses you and your family would like and feel comfortable to manage, and then research about them to see the most profitable ones? Maybe it'll be easier to get answers if you ask for specific options of businesses.

Finally, I wish you luck in your venture, whatever you decide to do!

Hey, @Johny Hudson, looks like I'm not the only Brazilian in this forum. Welcome!!

I also plan to move to the US in the next year. I don't have the local knowledge you asked for (but there are plenty of Americans in this forum, they'll know better about the best opportunities).

However, I believe I can do a small contribution for your question, if you don't mind: if you and your family plan to be working in your own business and managing it, you must do something you LIKE and WANT to do. I mean, it must be profitable, of course, but it MUST give you pleasure or it won't be a big deal anyway. And you'll have to know (or study a lot) the industry too, and know ways to be constantly innovating and differentiating your business.

So, why don't you start with a list of businesses you and your family would like and feel comfortable to manage, and then research about them to see the most profitable ones? Maybe it'll be easier to get answers if you ask for specific options of businesses.

Finally, I wish you luck in your venture, whatever you decide to do!

Hello my dear friend, it is a great pleasure to know that there are others, or just another brazilian here in the forum, I would like to be writing to you in portuguese but I believe that I must respect the forum, right? LOL

I saw that you live in Chapecó, which is not a distant city from Curitiba, maybe we can meet one day to exchange our knowledge, what do you think?

Thank you very much for your response and I can tell you that I am already doing something similar to what you suggested. I am processing a lot of information about various types of business in Uncle Sam's land, talking to my family daily (basically with my wife, because my daughter is dazzled by the possibility of living near Mickey: D).

See you in USA, soon as possible ;)

grNadpa

Do not know if this is available to you, but a resource I relied upon was the Service Corps Of Retired Executives, or SCORE. This is a non-profit, sponsored by the U.S. Small Business Administration, specifically designed to work with startups. Because my local SCORE is free (and I believe most are), I have used them quite often. Perhaps, most important, they provided insights that saved me from pursuing a business that would almost certainly fail. It might be worth a look to see if this is a resource you can use in your investigation.

I saw that you live in Chapecó, which is not a distant city from Curitiba, maybe we can meet one day to exchange our knowledge, what do you think?

Thank you very much for your response and I can tell you that I am already doing something similar to what you suggested. I am processing a lot of information about various types of business in Uncle Sam's land, talking to my family daily (basically with my wife, because my daughter is dazzled by the possibility of living near Mickey: D).

See you in USA, soon as possible ;)

@Johny Hudson, I apologize for answering just now, I really hadn't seen it before. Yeah, Chapeco is about 450km from Curitiba, we can talk, of course, in Portuguese if you prefer!! I'm following you now, we can exchange some messages so you can tell me when you come to Brazil, or I can tell you when I move there!!

By the way, how's your quest for your new business?

PS: I've seen your reply too, @grNadpa, and I'll take a look at SCORE, looks like it's a great idea!!

Top Bottom