Can Facebook be used to boost sales?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:16)

I know nothing about Facebook. I never used it a day in my life. I do have experience with Twitter though so I understand how social media works but I am not entirely sure how people use Facebook to boost sales. I have read it being done time and time again. What I want to know is how this works, and more importantly, why?

You can build up a Facebook page or group organically by consistently posting value / items that have the potential to go viral. You can then run contests and build email lists from that audience.

But realistically, you will need to spend some money to build an audience on Facebook. You can still get video views for 1 or 2 cents so if you can make that work then that's a great option.

Facebook is very effective for local sales, you can create a business page, posting and the more you get likes the more popular you become. Therefore people will hear and know about you. Furthermore, you can always use FB advertising tools to promote your business/service/product and the budget is adjustable.

Facebook useful mean of ads for both already grownupы and startups. Basically, today most people know news from their SNS, they check it all the time and in fact the number of FB users is much bigger than the population in China, plus to advertise on FB is not that much expensive and you can also adjust the budget. And once you decided to promote through FB, you can easily reach your target audience.

Depending on your business, facebook groups work very well (and it's free).

You can also hire someone to post on your behalf in the Phillipeanes for like $2hr

Inva

It depends on your business type and sector. Facebook is not free. First of all you need a lot of time and effort on it to build any meaningful following, which counts against opportunity cost. It also has practically 0% organic reach which means if you want to show up in people's walls you have to pay.

Some types of businesses though can do well by advertising on social media, like cafes, bars, social gathering places and generally social types of businesses/activities. But if you are in publishing for example, then to our experience advertising on SM is practically throwing your money to the wind.

Absolutely, you can scale your marketing campaigns to 5 and even six figures of ad spend a day. It's perfect for customer acquisition!

I would only suggest doing conversion campaigns to start with, however...

djbaxter

Administrator
Actually, if you have several Facebook friends willing to Like and share your business page with their friends, you can do fairly well in local markets for various products and services, without spending a dime. Using Facebook ads will certainly boost your exposure though.

VirtualGlobalPhone

MVP
You simply go with facebook because they have largest subscriber in the globe roughly around 1.4 billion accounts , catches everyone interest.

There have been instances when where you just get likes on Facebook without any kind of sales if you want sales on social media, you should have targetted your ads extremely well, it comes only with practice & continuous efforts. Today, I believe you can't build your business on Facebook organically but only by running ads.

I have good experience with Facebook and other social advertising.

People do not go to Facebook to buy or look for products. They go there to interact with friends.

So naturally conversion will be lower.
If you are just starting I do not recommend Facebook for advertising as you will burn through money with not many sales.

Where Facebook is gold is for retargeting. People that already know about your business, maybe they are a past customer, did not check out, or signed up for a free trial of your SAAS company.

These are the people you should be advertising to on Facebook with a retargeting campaign. That way you are not spending too much and you will see conversion.

You can always reach out to me directly if you would like to toss around ideas or share experiences.

Facebook is the good place for getting leads but depends what product you are selling. mostly B2C products gets leads from FB not B2B

Of course it can be use in such a way.
All the social platforms are created in such way that it can be used as much for business as for personal.
But it depend on what kind of business is yours activity. Links and likes has a beneficial impact on your business.
Just choose carefully who you are sharing it to.

Facebook can be very helpful if you're willing to do a lot of legwork to get your products/services known. Just creating an account/page won't get you the results. You need to actively participate in group discussions, while running marketing campaigns on your page. You also need to properly target your audience, or else you'd be wasting precious time and resources.

People just suck at making Facebook ads work for them. They don’t truly understand their target audience, so they place ads in the news feed of the wrong people, etc.
Yup, that's right. They end up misusing their funds and not see the results they expected. Some even end up spending too much thinking that more money spent = more sales even before properly identifying their target audience.