1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Businesses Highly Dependent On Who's Running Them

Discussion in 'General Business and Entrepreneurship' started by Nikita, Mar 17, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Nikita

Nikita Member

At one point I was sure that Apple would lose steam once Steve Jobs was gone but I guess he has placed enough of a structure that it can go on and be fruitful even without him. I look at UFC and wonder the same thing, since all of the decisions on who will fight next and how they will be promoted, as well as all the side shows that promote the brand itself, rest heavily on the president, Dana White, and I often wonder how the company will be run in his absence.

Some businesses that pretty much already have a life of their own are able to thrive regardless of who's running them as they are mostly just there to guide instead of actually growing the business.

Do you guys have any other examples of businesses that seem like it could possibly lose balance once the show runner leaves?