Business plan. A meeting with the investor

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:6)

Lucas955

Hello. I have a lot of business ideas. One of them is writing a business plan. I have a partially written business plan and I want to go through it with investors. The problem is that I have written a skeleton and info on how to sell and information as it sells worldwide statistics .... Now I will write down the risks but a little groping. The worst thing for me is to write down how much money I would need for what and then estimate the turnover, margin, profit, etc. I do not know how to write it. I have two business models to represent the brand and the other to sell new products. For brand representation, it is a long bargain and a long wait. In addition, I think that it would be good if you used the name, capital, a firm well-known businessman who is more likely to entrust his brand. But how should I write a turnover and margin if I do not know her and I have no way to find out. I can roughly estimate her. Any ideas, tips? When a business plan with a max of 5-6 A4 pages is enough, right? I want to throw him something almost in the final version then it can still fine-tune.

PS: I write the business plan according to the Internet model. The problem is that everyone can say completely different in structure.

Julia Sta Romana

MVP
Top Poster Of Month
When writing for investors, the thing they usually focus on is your profit projection. This usually means the return of investment or ROI. The ROI is relatively easy to compute.

ROI = (Net Profit / Cost of Investment) * 100

Once you have both, it's best if you can show an increasing ROI for at least 5 years.

PatrickM

Investors want to first know if this is a business. Then they want to know if you understand the industry or business - their investment is really in you and they want to know you can make it happen.
The sales numbers are estimates but should be based on meaningful research (like talking to prospective customers or through other market research). The rest of the numbers should be relatively easy to structure.
The important thing for investors is whether you can make it happen, what success have you had before, what is the Plan B or C or D if A doesn't materialise.
I would say that a business plan of only 4 or 5 pages would be extremely thin as this is often the length of the Executive Summary and Introduction.
If you're interested here's a link to the structure and format that I use

dizzybobbly

Make sure to perfect your executive summary, the most crucial part of a business plan. Make a great sale by geting your investor through negotiation.

Lucas955

Thank you for your advice. Putting it together so far fine tuning the costs then somehow the turnover and profit ....

If I have another idea but there I do not know the profit because it would depend on long-term negotiations and only to acquire and represent the brand together with the investor-its name and capital would rather convince the brand to its representation- can it also base business plan?

ROI = (Net Profit: Investment Cost) x 100?
Is that right?

Thanks a lot