• The forum topics have been reorganized and expanded to make it more comprehensive and easier to navigate. Let us know what you think!

Featured Building sales skills & strategy

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Edvin

MVP
As new entrepreneurs we need to look into every facet of our business, and this includes sales.

During my research, a franchise owner shared with me that 1) her franchiser consultant would frown upon her for letting a customer walk-out instead of pressuring the customer into signing an agreement; 2) she also shared with me that she pays $1000/month for a call center that essentially leads the clients to her door. The owner has listened to customers calling-into the call-center and felt that their phone conversation was valuable enough to warrant the cost.

If I decide to not go with a franchise then it is apparent to me that I must have a solid sales strategy. In a post @Kyle Smith shared that he is outsourcing his sale with Ac’quirent, which seems to provide sales consulting.

However, I would really want someone with intimate knowledge of tutoring/education industry as well as my competitors; but, this is no easy task. Perhaps I should just start with Sales for Dummies.

Do you have any gold-nuggets that you have to share?

Dr.Smith

I have read one book "the Ultimate Sales Machine" by Chet Holmes. Maybe thisn might be of interest to you as an upcoming Entrepreneur. I can promise you that the book does not disappoint.

Gin

I'd suggest visiting a forum for education providers and tutors. Facebook may have a 'group' for education providers and/or tutors which you can join. Make friends and toss in a question here and there. Good luck!

Edvin

MVP
My search for education/tutor forum lead to forums with little traffic; so my google-fu appears to be weak; FB group is a great idea, which I have not explored.

Tnx.

Reactions: Gin

Kasey Jones

I'm a little confused by your ask. Are you looking for someone or some forum that can give you sales training specifically in the education space? Or are you looking in education forums to find someone to teach you how to sell?

I'm actually a sales trainer and workshop facilitator. I'd be happy to spend some time talking with you about some good resources (Slack communities, books to read, influencers to follow, etc.), or work with you to give you a solid crash course in sales...Let me know! Always happy to help :)

Kasey Jones

Also, I should mention that good trainers/coaches can help you get pretty damn far even without having a ton of experience in your industry. There are principles and research methods that apply across the board.

Edvin

MVP
... sales training specifically in the education space?
I'm currently looking into franchising, which provide sales education and regular coaching/evaluation.
I'm also considering to "not-go" with a franchise; so, yes, having a coach familiar with the specific industry puts me in the same playing field.

Or are you looking in education forums to find someone to teach you how to sell?
This would be great; but, I'm not sure how I can find sales coach who is intimately knowledgeable about the franchisers sales processes. Thanks to you, it dawned on me, that I can use LinkedIn (and other employment job posting) to search for sales talent with employment history of franchisers and contract them for some training, when I'm ready to move forward.

I'm actually a sales trainer and workshop facilitator. I'd be happy to spend some time talking with you about some good resources (Slack communities, books to read, influencers to follow, etc.)
Yes please; what specific resources and roadmap do you suggest.
I'm certainly interested in learning both 1-on-1 B2C sales strategy as well as organizational sales strategy (i.e. sales forecast, pipeline, target, etc).

or work with you to give you a solid crash course in sales...Let me know! Always happy to help :)
Thank you for this; I may take you up on this at a later date.

Also, I should mention that good trainers/coaches can help you get pretty damn far even without having a ton of experience in your industry. There are principles and research methods that apply across the board.
I was aware of this; but, not to the extent that you mentioned. Great piece of info.

Last edited:

Neha Acharya

We can get definite and accurate lead for our business if we get good business tools. Numerous independent companies promote the conventional way, yet are hoping to extend and investigate web based advertising. Web based advertising is not quite the same as customary promoting on the grounds that you can possibly contact individuals all inclusive.
  • Content Marketing
  • Customer referral
  • SEO, SEM and PPC
  • Social media marketing
  • Direct Mailing
These are the free medium you can use which can be exceptionally muddled and monotonous, rather you can experience some paid tools that gives you the leads and are additionally dependable, for example,
  • Leadlake
  • Getsmartacre
  • Smartsystemstechnology

Latest posts