Building and Selling Your Blog

Valerie Hart

I ran across this advice article on how to quickly start, build, and sell your blog. Ramsay makes many great points including:
One thing I will talk more about later is the fact that all potential buyers who are serious about the transaction will want to look at your statistics. If you only have a few months on record then you will almost always lose the sale. This is a mistake I have actually made more than once. I get so caught up in just pumping out content that I forget to install the statistics. Here is why that is stupid.

Firstly, you need to constantly monitor your statistics to see what content, keywords and design elements are working on your website. If your bounce rate is 95% you need to start to figure out why. If 80% of your Adsense income is coming from just two successful posts don’t you think it would be a good idea to know which ones they were and optimize the crap out of them?

Secondly, if you can’t prove all of the statistic claims you make in your sale period then you won’t get a buyer. You need to have physical proof that you get a certain amount of views, rankings, clicks, etc. Syncing your blog with Adsense and Analytics is the best way to do this. Make sure you do it today if you haven’t already.
Read more on BlogTyrant.com

How do you manage your blog's statistics, and what are the steps you take to keep improving?

Adrianna Nine

Thanks so much for posting this, @Valerie Hart ! As I boost my personal brand this year, it would be helpful to also give a boost to my blog. :)

I suppose I should start using Google Analytics like @djbaxter mentioned, and space my posts out so they're less sporadic and more reliable. I think reading up on SEO would help quite a bit, too.

What about blog post titles? Does this make a difference?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Latest posts