Bringing freelancers and small businesses together

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:4)

djbaxter

Administrator
New Fiverr Pro Service Offers Handpicked Freelancers for Small Business (INFOGRAPHIC)
by Shubhomita Bose, SmallBizTrends.com
Jun 27, 2017

Need for Professional Freelancers is Growing
An increasing number of small businesses are hiring freelancers for a wide range of tasks. According to a survey conducted by Fiverr, 65 percent of entrepreneurs have tapped freelance talent in the last year. Of those, 80 percent view freelancers as important or very important to the success of their business.

But finding the right talent hasn’t been easy.... Fiverr’s research reveals growing businesses spend an average of

Fiverr Pro Addresses Your Freelancing Needs
To help you find the best freelancers for your business, Fiverr has sought out high-end professionals already providing services on its rapidly growing marketplace.

The company has also attracted professional freelancers with strong portfolios to build its new service, including those who have worked with Vodafone, Google and Sony.

Micha Kaufman, Fiverr CEO, says: "Through Fiverr Pro, we’re bringing professional freelancers an easy way to get work, while adding the high end, trusted talent entrepreneurs are struggling to tap into."
Read more...

Interesting read. Personally, as a freelancer for 10 years, I've not been a fan of Fiverr simply because it helps to undervalue quality. I understand they've made some adjustments, but the talent pool (at least in writing) still lags and I decided it wasn't worth pursuing further at that time.

As far as some of the other main ones, the same problem exists and I've constantly heard from clients that they hired someone, the quality was poor, and they want someone to do it right. It's frustrating, especially when you have great experience and easily see the difference between eh and wow.

As far as some of the other main ones, the same problem exists and I've constantly heard from clients that they hired someone, the quality was poor, and they want someone to do it right. It's frustrating, especially when you have great experience and easily see the difference between eh and wow.
I think it has a lot to do with the freelancing culture in general. If you're the type of person who went into freelancing just to make as much money as you can, your instinct would be to get as many clients as possible. When you hoard projects, that's when quality suffers. You don't dedicate enough time to ensure the quality because you're too busy either marketing yourself or rushing to finish the project and jump on a new one.

Professional freelancers like ourselves understand the value of our reputations so we don't do that. We understand that the money will come when we provide value and get great referrals because of the work that we do. But sadly, most don't understand that. This is what gives us a bad reputation.