Branding What You Do And What You Are

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

djbaxter

Administrator
Whatever you're doing - online or offline, monetizing your hobby, creating a second income, or working at something as your full time income - part of promoting yourself and your business requires branding.

You may have started by blogging for fun, or writing a story, or creating a product, but you're here at BizWarriors Entrepreneur and Small Business Forum because you're interested in what you can do to take the next step and actually make some money with it. This article tells you what branding is, why you need it, and how to do it:

4 Essential Branding Tips for Bloggers
Daily Blog Tips
December 10, 2016

...branding is the marketing practice of creating a name and symbol or design that identifies and differentiates a product or company from others. Your brand is your promise to your customer. It tells them what they can expect from your products and services and gives you a margin over your competitors. Your brand comes from who you are, who you want to be and how people perceive you to be.

Your brand influences how customers interact with your company and how you interact with them, so without a clear brand, your company may struggle to communicate your mission or purpose. There are 3 reasons to care about Branding:

1. branding builds your reputation;
  2. branding helps you connect with your public; and
  3. branding simplifies [selling] your products and services.
Read more...

Whether you realize it or not, some of the things you are already doing is probably developing your brand.

What are you doing to brand yourself, your business, your product, or your service? What could you do more or better to help this process and take it to the next level?

This is something everyone should continually work on; it's one of my goals over the coming years. I look at it this way: when people hear my name, what do they think of? Or the reverse: when people need help with something I'm good at, do they immediately think of me as a resource? Why or why not?

Everything you do (especially online) works toward or against your personal brand. You never know if one simple peek at your LinkedIn profile or your website will turn into a valuable business connection.

azgold

MVP
Everything you do (especially online) works toward or against your personal brand.
So true!

It can take quite a while to build up a great reputation and only a second to ruin it. And once something is on the internet, it's there somewhere, forever.

Your brand is one of your most important assets. I think it's valuable to have a strong sense of what you want it to stand for then protect that vision.

It can take quite a while to build up a great reputation and only a second to ruin it. And once something is on the internet, it's there somewhere, forever.
This is huge! And something we need to begin teaching the youngin's as they get out of high school and begin earning their degrees/professional experience, in my humble opinion. Whether you're an artist, a business owner, a graduate student, a shiny new doctor... no matter how much time you've spent building a positive reputation online, you can ruin it with one careless post.

azgold

MVP
This is huge! And something we need to begin teaching the youngin's as they get out of high school and begin earning their degrees/professional experience, in my humble opinion. Whether you're an artist, a business owner, a graduate student, a shiny new doctor... no matter how much time you've spent building a positive reputation online, you can ruin it with one careless post.
Agreed! I've seen college kids ruin their chances by posting lots of pics of their drunken stunts and weekends.

I agree with @Adrianna Nine, EVERYONE needs to read this article! There are so many times I am doing research and I won't trust certain websites based on how they look. I remember rejecting colleges based on their website design (dramatic, yes, but essential). This is where I'm glad I took Media in Art in high school. I still remember how to balance color and use different fonts to make a poster or website look aesthetically pleasing and convey a message efficiently. As always, consistency is key, just as the article states.

Got directed through this discussion on a guided exploration of this forum, and all I can say is, after 2 years since this was posted, this is still very helpful not only for business owners but also for online marketers like me.
What are you doing to brand yourself, your business, your product, or your service? What could you do more or better to help this process and take it to the next level?
In my case, a lot of things has changed since this was posted though, so generating a buzz and creating an online presence is much more tedious now. Before, you can just go and post, like, and share your campaigns, and sure enough you'll have an audience. But now, you need to really identify your niche, share relevant, timely content, and join discussions, and genuinely show interest in whatever topics you're covering.