djbaxter

Administrator

Julia Sta Romana

It might be because I'm old but I still don't understand how advertising would work for Snapchat and TikTok.

Well, I understand Snapchat to some degree. They have branded content. But it's not small business friendly in my opinion. And how can you maximize conversion when your content has a time limit.

And I don't think TikTok content creators really make money if they completely depend on just that platform. I've seen a lot of them on YouTube too. Which goes to show that if they want ad revenue, they also have to upload on other platforms.

djbaxter

Administrator
It might be because I'm old but I still don't understand how advertising would work for Snapchat and TikTok.

Well, I understand Snapchat to some degree. They have branded content. But it's not small business friendly in my opinion. And how can you maximize conversion when your content has a time limit.

And I don't think TikTok content creators really make money if they completely depend on just that platform. I've seen a lot of them on YouTube too. Which goes to show that if they want ad revenue, they also have to upload on other platforms.
I'm with you, Julia

I don't get those platforms either.

Dora Wi

MVP
Top Poster Of Month

From what I see Snapchat and Tiktok are mostly used as a secondary way of marketing, the goal is often to lure people over to other platforms a person is on such as YouTube. This way they can benefit from the algorhytm and the exposure of more platforms.

Time limited content seems to have its use too. People's attention span on social media tends to be short because so often we browse it when we have just a few idle minutes (or when we procrastinate :) ).

Top Bottom