1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Apps That Help You Organize Your Life -- Not Just Business?

Discussion in 'Apps and Software' started by AbbyWeis, Dec 5, 2016.

Share This Page

1. AbbyWeis Member

I feel like I'm always all over the place. I have a paper planner, and I have Google Calendar, but I feel like it's hard to put all of my events, due dates, and to-do items in one spot. I'd love an app that would remind me when I have certain things coming up, but the ones I've tried are confusing. Do you guys have any recommendations? Thanks in advance

2. Josephine Stuart

Josephine Stuart MVP Member

Well, a good to-do list app is Wunderlist -- I use it for grocery lists, to-do's, Christmas gift ideas, you name it. You can add contributors to the list, too, so if your partner is sometimes responsible for picking up the groceries, he/she can see the list and add to it as well. However, I don't think it will send you reminders for anything.

djbaxter likes this.
  3. Josephine Stuart

Josephine Stuart MVP Member

Actually, I just remembered that when you type in something like, "Turn in persuasive essay on December 10," it will automatically organize the item to create an alert for December 10. And it will turn red if you pass the due date.

djbaxter likes this.
  4. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

I use the Calendar app on my iPhone for important reminders. I can set it for first and second reminders which I configure according to whether the event or item needs travel, etc. It also works for recurring events.

The key is to make sure you that you enter every event or appointment or call to make as soon as you make it. That's why I use my phone because it's virtually always with me. I could do it in Outlook as well but I'm not always at my computer (lol frequently but not always).

Adam Toren likes this.
  5. nycfanbee Member

Gmail
    Slack
    OneNote
    Google Drive

6. Adam Toren

Adam Toren Administrator Moderator Member

I have been a BIG fan of TRELLO. My brother @Matthew Toren highly recommends Todoist.com and a few others that he highlighted here: Top 5 To-Do-List Apps

djbaxter likes this.
  7. I use Todoist as well. They even have an extension for Chrome.

8. Waifu Member

I absolutely love Google based apps. Google Calendar, and Google Keep are amazing!