1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Any Investments You Can't Lose Money In?

Discussion in 'Investments to Grow Your Business' started by Alaine, Mar 20, 2016.

Share This Page

1. azgold

azgold Moderator MVP Member

Personally, I think it's good to have both short term and long term investments in your portfolio. Some low risk, some medium, some high. That way, you are not 'putting all your eggs in one basket.' Plus, you get a mix of returns and have something to fall back on.

2. azgold

azgold Moderator MVP Member

Yes. Here in Canada, we have Guaranteed Investment Certificates, which are protected by the Bank of Canada. I once purchased a $1000 GIC for a one year period...think I made $10. Of course, if you leave it for 5 years, you make a higher percentage rate of return. You can get them for periods of 30 days, right through to 5 years.

Safe, safe, safe but s-l-o-w growing and very little return on investment. The upside is - little profit, little taxes. :)

3. Online business on consignment or resellers. It requires you to invest your time but not your money (atleast not right away)

4. lindholmgustaf

lindholmgustaf Member

Nothing. Any investment comes with a risk. It's all up to you to understand where you put your investment and study to how to minimize the risks and gain profit instead.

azgold likes this.