1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Online Marketing and Advertising' started by Abernal, Mar 7, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Abernal

Abernal Member

I work for a company called SamBoat that facilitates peer-to-peer boat rentals. For the past few months, I have been working on a digital marketing strategy. I started by updating directories, backlinking, PPC, created a new website, social media and am now in the process of working on email marketing. I wanted to know if there are any other things you would recommend, or if you have strategies that were successful for you. Looking forward to your responses. Thanks in advance!
    Jessica Bruce and djbaxter like this.
  2. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

I think you're covering most of the main bases there, AbernalAbernal.

What social media are you focusing on?

The only other thing I can think of at the moment would be trade shows and advertising in travel magazines or travel web sites, depending on the size of your boats. Are these larger shipping vessels or smaller pleasure craft?
    Abernal likes this.
  3. Abernal

Abernal Member

Right now we are using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. We're in the process of trying to develop our sites in different languages to be accessible to all tourists, but it seems like a daunting task.

It depends on the destination, but we have boats of all sizes ranging from luxury yachts to smaller RIB's.
  4. Edvin

Edvin MVP Member Top Contributor

Hi Abernal, like DJ mentioned you seem to cover alot; so, you have definitely covered 80/20 rule.
    The last 20% of effort means fine-tuning your marketing efforts. Focusing on digital strategy, here are few items to consider:
    • Utilize negative words in PPC to reduce cost
    • Make use of custom landing pages to improve conversion
    • Experiment with different ad copies to increase click-through rate
    • Copy competitor search terms (i.e. spyfu)
    • Update site copy to rank for organic searches
    • Create blogs that will generate traffic
    • Are you paying for ad campaigns on social media
    • Have you tried advertising on via group-on
    • Have you tried competition to get a buzz on social platform
    • Have you tried referral promotion
    • Have you tried to becoming a advertiser on affiliate marketing network
    • What is the profile of top customers who found you? Have you tried to increase your spending and reduce your target for this segment. For example, increasing your ad spend but targeting female shoppers might lead to better conversion.
    • Have you looked into re-targeting ads.
    • Do you have a marketing calendar for all your target regions; for example, valentines day special
    • Do you experiment with every ad, including your email campaign
    My head is spinning :confused:
  5. Abernal

Abernal Member

Thank you for your response! This is exactly what we need to start doing. I just had a few concerns due to the nature of our business. Our slow season is typically between December and January so our conversion rates are really low, so we can't really gage our efforts correctly other than just looking at overall traffic. Now that we're in March, i'm going to start implementing the things you suggested and see how they work out. I appreciate all of the advice!
    djbaxter likes this.
  6. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator MVP Member

AbernalAbernal ; D J and Edvin have given some of the best heads up.

Apart from this i suggest few more
    1. Indirect Marketing... join hands with program where your service will be add-on to a event.
    2. Partnership with interdependent value added products and events. (Sports, Manufactures, Wedding etc)
    to name a few ..
    Abernal and djbaxter like this.
  7. Small to Feds

Small to Feds MVP Member Top Contributor

Social networking will be key to your success.

Personal, professional and business branding is occurring regularly, whether or not we are aware of it.

From our web site presence to our postings on the sites of others, from our credit ratings to our cell phone records and application navigation, we are tracking others and being tracked ourselves.

Deciding to become active in social networking is really a matter of managing personal, professional and business images/brands or having them manage us.

Networking is a vital tool in achieving an image/brand. Establish a network like a wheel. The hub is core content (web site, blog, books, articles, useful materials). The spokes leading from the hub are the tools to network content that is linked to the hub.

Contacts are the engines that power the wheel.

Content is the fuel that feeds the social networking contacts and powers the wheel.

As the wheel turns, the quality of the networking improves with feedback and the wheel climbs the optimization hill of the major search engines (SEO).

Limiting factors are the quality of the core content and knowledge/persistence in networking.

Blog, post and contribute to Q&A features on several sites:

1. It allows insight in solving the difficulties of others; always a satisfying achievement, dovetailing with professional endeavors and creating a positive image.

2. The manner in which a response is worded conveys values, expression, opinion, and insight to others who may wish to team, counter with a disagreement or pass on a reference to others; all healthy forms of communication.

3. Ratings features allow evaluation of responses by a large peer group.

4. With the growth of social networking international participation increasing dramatically, it provides insights into perspectives from other nations and cultures; a valuable input in the wired global economy these days.

5. The historical record of questions and answers, posting content and feedback is searched regularly by a large, world-wide community and draws others to profiles and web sites long after the initial dialogue has occurred.

Evaluate other net-workers for consistency. Value the participants who realize these are huge and open forums and who keep an open mind to input.

Do not value narrow minded use of these features for exclusively personal or business gain, control freak attitudes, and those who delete replies or answers because they disagree with the responses they are getting or are not getting what they perceive to be desirable results.

A brand, an image and valued content, carefully cultivated, exchanged and viewed regularly with others and communicated for success.

Why Social Network To Promote Your Small Business?
    Abernal and djbaxter like this.
  8. Jessica Bruce

Jessica Bruce Member

This is a B2C business, you must be focussing on conversions and leads by using PPC ads on search engine and social media platforms dynamically. If you are performing SEO practices, then a good content marketing strategy should help your business website and outreach.
    Abernal likes this.