Sheriffo

I am criss crossing the internet looking for a potential buyers as a suppliers in so many agricultural products mainly from Africa but to no avail. I assume in forum like this could maybe help in so many forms or ways as coming in direct contact with so many who has or are in the same situations.
As a beginner I would need your advice. We deals or supply agric stuff like ginger, turmeric, cloves, soybeans, sesame seeds, pepper, vanilla to name a few.

Edvin

MVP
Hi Sheriffo,

I'm not familiar with your industry; but, until someone provides better answer, I hope to nudge you in the right direction...

Q: how does a person new to an industry aclamate themselves to terms, trends, leaders, products, services, etc.

A: subscribe to trade and local magazines, which might be available in the local library.
You'll find reference, ads, articles, and resources that can serve as a springboard to your efforts.

I would encourage you to take a look at your website SEO and ensure you are targeting "private label" as this is where most people who purchase your product will find interest. They will want the ability to put their own branding on your products. Hope that helps!

Sheriffo

Hi Sheriffo,

I'm not familiar with your industry; but, until someone provides better answer, I hope to nudge you in the right direction...

Q: how does a person new to an industry aclamate themselves to terms, trends, leaders, products, services, etc.

A: subscribe to trade and local magazines, which might be available in the local library.
You'll find reference, ads, articles, and resources that can serve as a springboard to your efforts.
I thank you for your kind advice. I am wondering as a supplier if I would contact foreign embassies in my country to connect me with potential buyers who wants to order in tons say in a large quantity. Does that make any sense because in that there would be trust?

Edvin

MVP
...Search engine optimization...
I respectfully disagree.

SEO without a content strategy provides little value (see previous discussion).
SEO is one of many marketing strategies; however, it does very little to help Sheriffo find suppliers; especially since he noted that he is new.

His time, at-least initially, is best spent finding the right partners.
I'm not sure if Sheriffo has a website; however, we could suggest that he engage in online ad campaign to drive traffic. However, he still needs to figure out how to find/target the right search terms to.

"private label"
I think this is a good strategy...he still needs to find the right suppliers.

contacting national food chains directly or through linkedin under the private label premise.
Yet another great idea...

contact foreign embassies in my country to connect me with potential buyers who wants to order in tons say in a large quantity.
I like it! What's the harm in trying? If you ask enough questions, you will eventually be directed down the appropriate path. You can then share your finding with us ;)

Last edited:

Sheriffo

I respectfully disagree.

SEO without a content strategy provides little value (see previous discussion).
SEO is one of many marketing strategies; however, it does very little to help Sheriffo find suppliers; especially since he noted that he is new.

His time, at-least initially, is best spent finding the right partners.
I'm not sure if Sheriffo has a website; however, we could suggest that he engage in online ad campaign to drive traffic. However, he still needs to figure out how to find/target the right search terms to.

I think this is a good strategy...he still needs to find the right suppliers.

Yet another great idea...

I like it! What's the harm in trying? If you ask enough questions, you will eventually be directed down the appropriate path. You can then share your finding with us ;)
Thanks to you all I am using linkedin but I think without any know-how of it's initial purpose. I can't even find where to see Premise. At last I am finding a better directives here. My pleasure meeting you and your site.

Edvin

MVP
Sheriffo, it is a pleasure to virtually meet you as well.

Your profile says that you are in Belgium; but, you asked for finding suppliers in Africa.
Are you looking to get involved in international trading and do you already have a good stream of suppliers in Europe?

Sheriffo

Sheriffo, it is a pleasure to virtually meet you as well.

Your profile says that you are in Belgium; but, you asked for finding suppliers in Africa.
Are you looking to get involved in international trading and do you already have a good stream of suppliers in Europe?
Yes Edvin I am presently residing in Belgium having my permanent residence but the supply base is in Africa. Yes we intend to be intl. depending on orders. We are still looking for buyers but not fortunate yet. We even were assuming of a person to link us to potential buyers with commission. It has to be like the person has to do his findings first through their embassies to find out who we really are before investing or putting his or her trust in us. We hope our partnership would be a long and everlasting relationship.

Edvin

MVP
Sheriffo,

Does it make sense to initiate a partnership with farmafrica.org or other relevant non-profit entities? This can help build your credibility (i.e. "We are proud to support xyz.org") and possibility open new doors/channel for you.

I think you can benefit from doing some competitive intelligence research.
I assume you know a few African competitors?:
  • Search competitor website on spyfu.com, alexa.com, semrush.com to learn what search terms they are targeting.

• Visit competitor website; sometimes they have blogs and press releases that talk can be insightful.

• Look at competitor backlinks. For example, a press release might reveal their supplier, which you can contact.
    You can google "link: www.xyz.com" to see all links pointing to a site.

• Google competitor name and exclude their site in the search to find articles about them:
    xyz -site:xyz.com. Perhaps, the suppliers mention them on their website.
  • Subscribe to and look at the competitor social channel (twitter, facebook, linkedin, instagram, etc).

• Search Linkedin for employees that work(ed) for the competitors (you may need to pay for premium service) who worked in marketing or sales capacity.

• Search employee facebook and twitter account of the employees; because, they may post information that you can leverage.

• Look at competitor and employee Linked-in first-contacts. Many times they connect with their customers/suppliers.

• If you find someone with "perfect" experience on linked-in, reach-out to them. You can compensate them for 1-to-1 consulting service to learn how competitors penetrated the market.

• Your local library may provide access to databases (i.e. Hoover) that provides other insightful information about the competitors.

• There are other 3rd-party competitive tools; but, I know nothing about them.
Hopefully above strategy will reveal competitor suppliers that you can reach-out to.
The suppliers will have their own conferences and events that attend. You can then reach-out to the to respective conferences and find third-party database of contacts so that you can initiate your marketing strategy (mail, email, call, etc).

Best,
Edvin

Last edited:

Sheriffo

Sheriffo,

Does it make sense to initiate a partnership with farmafrica.org or another relevant non-profit agency? This can help build your credibility (i.e. "We are proud to support xyz.org") and possibility open new doors/channel for you.

I think you can benefit from doing some competitive intelligence research.
I assume you know a few African competitors?:
  • Search competitor website on spyfu.com, alexa.com, semrush.com to learn what search terms they are targeting.

• Visit competitor website; sometimes they have blogs and press releases that talk can be insightful.

• Look at competitor backlinks. For example, a press release might reveal their supplier, which you can contact.
    You can google "link: www.xyz.com" to see all links pointing to a site.

• Google competitor name and exclude their site in the search to find articles about them:
    xyz -site:xyz.com. Perhaps, the suppliers mention them on their website.
  • Subscribe to and look at the competitor social channel (twitter, facebook, linkedin, instagram, etc).

• Search Linkedin for employees that work(ed) for the competitors (you may need to pay for premium service) who worked in marketing or sales capacity.

• Search employee facebook and twitter account of the employees; because, they may post information that you can leverage.

• Look at competitor and employee Linked-in first-contacts. Many times they connect with their customers/suppliers.

• If you find someone with "perfect" experience on linked-in, reach-out to them. You can compensate them for 1-to-1 consulting service to learn how competitors penetrated the market.

• Your local library may provide access to databases (i.e. Hoover) that provides other insightful information about the competitors.

• There are other 3rd-party competitive tools; but, I know nothing about them.
Hopefully above strategy will reveal competitor suppliers that you can reach-out to.
The suppliers will have their own conferences and events that attend. You can then reach-out to the to respective conferences and find third-party database of contacts so that you can initiate your marketing strategy (mail, email, call, etc).

Best,
Edvin
Oh you are so wonderful and helpful. I really really appreciate it wholeheartedly and would follow everything you said. This site would forever be in my diary and with you forever.

Top Bottom