1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A website/blog with an eBook.

Discussion in 'Planning Your Business' started by sof, Mar 1, 2016.

Share This Page

1. sof

sof Member

An "idea" I am considering is starting a wordpress type website for anyone who might be interested in visiting my location/country. I'll do my best to make it beneficial for those who visit by talking about the "hot spots" that are popular as well as not so popular. As for the eBook, I thought that I could perhaps make it sort of "more in-depth", together with very specific directions on how to get to those places.

I have the ability to record high quality videos/audio as well as high quality photos. So I am also thinking maybe I can incorporate these into the blog.

I might record a video that will help tourists in getting around.

What do you guys think?
    Is there any money to be made from ads from this sort of website?

I'm currently looking up how to go about doing this. I initially thought that all I had to do was sign up on WordPress and get to it but it seems that most folks sign up for something like blue hosting or gator, and then install wordpress onto that.

Any comments/suggestions/criticism? Thank you!

2. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Member

You can make money by putting up affiliate links or tracking links with banners/text link to earn money and/or by selling ad space on an monthly basis. Another thing you can do for viewing your content on blog/e-book would be to add an content locker which would require someone to complete an offer shown before the content can be seen. Could be an one time thing, daily or whatever duration you want. You can view an demo content locker at Peoples GPT - Affiliates Media Content Locker. You could also create an link locker which you have to complete an offer before it will go to your URL and you could have it redirect to the blog or even an ebook link or download link like this one at AffiliatesMedia.

These two options and even an offer wall are services I can offer you for helping you optimize your blog/e-book. However, we also have an affiliate network side where you can manually add banners and tracking link to your website to get paid for user to sign up for whatever requirements are.

If interested in this or brainstorming then PM me here.

3. Valerie Hart

Valerie Hart MVP

I think it is a great idea, @sof! Maybe you could make a video trailer showing glimpses around your country to pull in tourism. There is also great money in advertising, and you could advertise travel agencies, hotels, and restaurants on your blog! Do you think you would let your tour guide eBook be free or would you charge? Of course if you charge, you would make more profit. You could also have a few books, the first one being more general that could be downloaded for free, but if viewers wanted more specific locations/guides/hikes those could be $0.99/1.99USD.

djbaxter likes this.
  4. David_Wu

David_Wu Member

Hi Sof,

I would agree with the comments here. You'd definitely make more money through affiliate links and ads in your site. An ebook is just used as a freebie, but you can up-sell yourself through it. Also, if you can partner with a travel agency or a travel-related industry in your locality, that would be great. That can help you come up with more unique content and videos for the blog. :)