1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A single video or a series

Discussion in 'Social Media: Marketing Strategies and Execution' started by grNadpa, Mar 20, 2017.

Share This Page

1. grNadpa

grNadpa Member

Two questions:
    1. Should I break my training video into under 2 minute segments?
    2. If so, does YouTube allow me to present them in proper order?
    I plan to upload training videos to YouTube, linking to them from our GamesOnHorses.com website. I understand that current wisdom dictates that a single video should not exceed 3 minutes. At the moment, mine is a bit over 11 minutes and I still have the wrap-up to go. The video does break into 5 distinct segments (each with its own transition title "page") so I could break them into a video series.
    However, as it stands, all but one of the segments would be under 2 minutes.

What would you do?

2. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

That's what I would recommend: Break it into 5 shorter segments appropriately title (e.g., Video 1: Title).

Alternatively, upload 6 videos: the 5 shorter segments and the full video. That gives your audience the choice of how to watch the instructions. You should add a description of the video series under each individual video.

To be honest, I'm not certain how you do this but if you set it up as a channel then I believe visitors would see a list of the available videos when they visit.

Ciaran likes this.
  3. Ciaran

Ciaran Member

I would probably segment the video in shorter, more consumable pieces. If you do this, I would recommend writing a really hefty, keyword-rich description. You could even write the transcript of the video and then format it in a way that makes sense.

Using a playlist would allow you to present the videos to your audience in the correct order. Once your audience finish watching one video in a playlist, the next video will load around 5 seconds after it.