Think you know how much you could get for your business if you sold it? Think again. In my experience, business owners often get slapped with business valuations that are much lower than they think they deserve. In a worst-case scenario, the following 7 reasons could even cause your business to be worthless simply because it can’t be sold at all. Read more here.

NP

I think this is a really good article, @Nunzio Presta! It was a great and educational read.

My only concern is that with your first point:
1. You’re too involved. You have your finger in every aspect of the business. Customer relationships, equipment purchases, financial statement preparation, hiring, ordering office supplies, etc. etc. etc.

How to Boost Your Business’s Value: Build systems, trust your employees and let some of the less important stuff go.

You never mentioned why it's bad to be too involved. Maybe seasoned entrepreneurs know why this is bad, but not everyone does. I think your article would be even more powerful if you briefly explained how this hurts your business's value.

I think this is a really good article, @Nunzio Presta! It was a great and educational read.

My only concern is that with your first point:

You never mentioned why it's bad to be too involved. Maybe seasoned entrepreneurs know why this is bad, but not everyone does. I think your article would be even more powerful if you briefly explained how this hurts your business's value.

Thanks for the feedback. I try to keep my posts short and simple. You are correct, most may think this is counterintuitive, however if you aim to create a valuable sellable business, you should build a business that is self sufficient. I have more information here.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

NP

I had the same thought @Josephine Stuart had, but I'm not a business owner, so I thought that was the cause of my confusion. :) The second link you provided was very helpful; maybe you could link to it in your first article, when you make point #1?

Top Bottom