5 Types of Content E-commerce Businesses Can Use to Boost Sales

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:2)

shdavis

5 Types of Content E-commerce Businesses Can Use to Boost Sales
CanIRank Blog
Retrieved January 2019

Andy and Natasha spend day and night working on their e-commerce business. Their mornings are filled with setting up administrative tasks and orders, while their afternoons and evenings are steeped in operations and product development. Though their business is doing well, they can’t help but notice their website is falling behind in rankings. Their competitors keep rising and over time, they notice more and more of their business is going to other outlets, like big box companies or niche stores.

Their preliminary marketing plan is no longer cutting it. They’ve tried everything, except for content marketing. With a small team, content marketing seems like a momentous task, but they’re intrigued by the results other businesses have achieved with it. They only have a bit of time each month, but they’re finally ready to take the leap.

So where do they start?
If you’re anything like Andy and Natasha, you may be feeling the pressure too. Writing consistent content is a hard thing to maintain for an e-commerce business. If you don’t have a dedicated content marketer, then it feels like the most time-consuming task, and time is money when you’re working with a small team. Content marketing can begin to feel like a less viable component of your overall marketing strategy. You need solutions that are tried, tested, and true to make sure you’re only putting time and energy into tasks that will help you convert. But at the same time, you don’t want to give up on content completely. So what can you do?

Read the full article here:
5 Types of Content E-commerce Businesses Can Use to Boost Sales – CanIRank Blog

Last edited by a moderator:

VirtualGlobalPhone

shdavis , thanks for sharing.

But dont you feel these "Tricks and Tips" are age old and now has become standard on most of the eCommerce platform or software giving modules or generating it ?

shdavis

Hi, yes I do think they are becoming more common play, but I would still say there are so many businesses that aren't utilizing these content pieces effectively. It's about more than just having the content, it's having the right types of content.

ckyap

Content is like spam sometimes and I feel it getting worse especially with plagiarism and paid bloggers, even sponsorships are lamely handled as in some youtube videos, people are getting tired of blogs and are going by pinterest and other forms of catalogue browsing just like old times. To say these tips are old is one thing but so are we regressing!

vitaltelcom

Content marketing is undoubtedly one of the good techniques to promote your website. But with the increase in companies there have been stash of content in all the sectors. People are just dumping with the content not taking into account the usability of the one. Thanks for sharing this info.

louisacir

Content is like spam sometimes and I feel it getting worse especially with plagiarism and paid bloggers, even sponsorships are lamely handled as in some youtube videos, people are getting tired of blogs and are going by pinterest and other forms of catalogue browsing just like old times. To say these tips are old is one thing but so are we regressing!
I agree that it's hard to place quality content amidst plagiarism and paid bloggers. But maybe our definition or criteria for quality content also need to change. The great thing about the types of content listed is that there are ways to integrate newer media like Pinterest in them to maximize not only exposure, but interested. A case study with Pinterest or Instagram backlinks could be a great way to draw in a new crowd. A how-to guide with an accompanying YouTube video? Even better.

Content marketing is undoubtedly one of the good techniques to promote your website. But with the increase in companies there have been stash of content in all the sectors. People are just dumping with the content not taking into account the usability of the one. Thanks for sharing this info.
Yes, exactly that -- I think there's a huge issue with companies creating content just to create it. Without a strategy, it definitely feels more like a bunch of unfiltered information being thrown at consumers.

johnmart

Yes, Content always king in Online Advertising. If you want to advertise your brand among the global audience, need to share unique and informative content about your business.

ideasunlimited1

Top Poster Of Month
I agree that it's hard to place quality content amidst plagiarism and paid bloggers. But maybe our definition or criteria for quality content also need to change. The great thing about the types of content listed is that there are ways to integrate newer media like Pinterest in them to maximize not only exposure, but interested. A case study with Pinterest or Instagram backlinks could be a great way to draw in a new crowd. A how-to guide with an accompanying YouTube video? Even better.

Yes, exactly that -- I think there's a huge issue with companies creating content just to create it. Without a strategy, it definitely feels more like a bunch of unfiltered information being thrown at consumers.
Absolutely agree. I see a lot of clickbait-y content, or just a plethora and it gets to be overwhelming. I think we need to have a good laymans' definition of quality content, and make it clear what is just marketing pitches and what is actual content from a content writer. And content being put out should actually make a case for why a certain product or service is effective, not just direct traffic. We forget that a lot of businesses are already succeeding at drawing customers in, they just aren't successfully turning them into sales.