djentre

Mine may seem tactical:

1. Don't think you don't need to act like a big business. Act like one from the beginning.
2. Don't ignore establishing systems, procedures, and protocols from the get-go.
3. Don't mistake activity for achievement. Progress and results matter.
4. Don't forget to have practical matrices to measure performance- financial or otherwise.
5. Don't try to do everything yourself. Leverage other people's time because labor is more important than money when it comes to results.

scaleclack

This thread is like a hidden treasure. And just in time!
I was losing interest in one of my sites these past few days and this has got me inspired again. Thanks!!

Deni Dzoja

1. Always keep your customers in mind when designing a new product.
2. Show people how you will add value to their life with your products/services.
3. Address customer service problems ASAP because negative word travels fast.
4. Start a mailing list and keep your customers updated by e-mailing them at least once a week.
5. Give lots of free, valuable information on your websites.

I personally agree for the most part with the article. I do think that you should always have an exit plan if the worse happens or if you decide to change and create a new business. My Uncle loves to build business revolving around medical services and then sell them. He makes most of his money selling businesses while his job as a pharmacist covers most of his bill. Part of this works for him because he enjoys building a business more than he does taking care of it over a long period of time. So he thinks it's important to have an exit plan for when you sell it or if the business fails and you need to minimize your loss. I would make that number six.

Nathaneal

All 5 of these are great! But to anyone reading this looking for motivated don't stop there! You can do much better than think of 5 simple statements to help you get through the hard times! I like 3 the most. Don't for get why you started a business. That will help you work hard to see the outcome you have in mind

Top Bottom