1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions or obstacles? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

5 Common & Damaging Marketing Mistakes

Discussion in 'Traditional Marketing and Promotion' started by Michelle Bondesio, Jan 25, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Michelle Bondesio

Michelle Bondesio Account Closed

The 5 mistakes mentioned in this post on Entrepreneur are easy to make and interconnected.

Creating brand consistency allows you to appeal more strongly to a particular customer niche, so your audience assumptions need to match the niche. The niche and assumptions about the audience within that niche need to be tested, which requires investing resources (be they time or money or both).

It starts with the brand but which ones do you think are most important?

2. Jessica Danes

Jessica Danes MVP Member

@Michelle Bondesio I think one of the hardest choices can be choosing the right audience. Some products and services are simple - if I am manufacturing a new design of doll, I'd sell it to children (they'd be my audience). If I were selling something broader like a certain style of umbrella, I'd have to choose what angle I want to market it at. I could make it look classy for the suited businessperson, or I could make it stylish for the modern fashionista. In reality, I could probably market it both ways, but I would want to choose one to start.

Investing too much is also an interesting issue. Like Jayson Demers states in the article,
    You want to allow yourself a buffer to explore different strategies - a don't-put-all-your-eggs-in-one-basket thought process. The beginning is the time to test everything and see what works for you and your business.

djbaxter likes this.