BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Are you a master problem solver?

1. Yes - I dare you to give me a problem I can't solve.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes - I solve everyone's problems, constantly.

100.0%
  3. No - Problems are like babies and should be ignored.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No - Mo money, mo problems, and I like money.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Share This Page

1. Take Career of Yourself

Take Career of Yourself Entrepreneur

You are bound to hit roadblocks in your personal and professional life. Your resourcefulness, or ability to make use of the information and network of people available to you, will determine how quickly and efficiently you are able to solve these unforeseen problems. Regardless of the situation, it is imperative that you learn to think outside of the box in order to maximize your capabilities. If you do not, you will be putting serious limitations on what you can possibly achieve.

For example, a few years ago I had locked myself out of my apartment. It was late and I was out of options, so I searched YouTube on my phone for lock picking videos. Minutes later, I had successfully broken into my apartment with a credit card! I was even able to help my neighbor out a few weeks later when she locked herself out, although I’m not sure how safe she felt knowing that I could effortlessly break into her unit. The point is, resourcefulness prevailed!

Read more: http://takecareerofyourself.com/2015/08/31/your-resources-are-the-source-of-your-resourcefulness/

Kathryn M. likes this.

2. Kathryn M.

Kathryn M. Entrepreneur

I'm laughing out loud at your neighbor. I'm sure she's now sleeping with one eye open. :D

I agree. Being able to think really determines how long you will survive in any endeavor. I've had friends in the past who had very indecisive personalities. Never knew where they wanted to eat, what to wear, where to vacation, what classes to take next semester, what job offer to take, etc.

Not sure if they were too lazy to think, or if they just didn't know how to think, but I noticed these types of personalities were rarely ever found in any type of lead position. They always had to follow what everyone else liked/wanted, regardless if they wanted it or not. Someone else in the crowd who knew exactly what they wanted, and spoke up, were the ones in lead positions.

3. Take Career of Yourself

Take Career of Yourself Entrepreneur

Haha, I've since moved from that apartment (although now that I think of it, that neighbor moved first..)

Most people unfortunately would rather watch 600 episodes of a reality dance-off, than read a book or research a topic online. The more information you take in, and the better you are at filtering out the junk, the better you will be at solving problems, because you will not only gain knowledge, but will find new useful tools that you might have never known existed.

4. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Entrepreneur

Part of this statement resonates with me very well, the filtering out junk part. In this age of information overload, being able to decide on a course of action and sticking with it can be difficult with the amount of comflicting advice and instructions on how to deal with virtually any problem. The ability to judge which actions are most effective, and most suitable to your own situation is vital. While I have never suffered from indecisiveness I sometimes find the wealth of conflicting opinions overwhelming.

pwarbi likes this.
  5. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

There's no doubt that for any idea you have, there will always be somebody that's got an opinion or some words of wisdom to give you, a lot of it isn't worth anything though, and you should decide your own course of action rather than following somebody else.

There is a lot of good advice out there that's available, but you also have to realise that there's also a lot of bad, and if you listen to others more than you listen to yourself, you'll end up going round in circles with a project or a business and getting nowhere fast