BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Young entrepreneur in need of help!

Discussion in 'General Business and Entrepreneurship' started by Isaac Kieffer, Jan 5, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Isaac Kieffer

Isaac Kieffer Entrepreneur

Hello, I am new to the thread so I apologize if this has been answered in the past, I couldn't find it! I am 18 years old living in WA trying to make a go of a business in Real estate Sales. I live with my parents and have failed many times in the past 6 months of working in real estate! I'm pushing to be better and to follow my dreams but it is becoming rather hard with the lack of motivation/RIGHT people in my life. I was wondering how I can connect myself with like minded people that we can motivate each other and build with each other as a team! regarding to real estate or not! I have read that people go to the extent of moving into a small house with 5 other entrepreneurs and get sh!t done(EX. Mark Cuban)! What have you guys found or done that has helped you with this? Thanks!

setupdisc likes this.

2. Griffin

Griffin Entrepreneur

You've come to the right place, Isaac. Real estate isn't exactly easy to start a (successful) business in. It's another one of those sectors typically dominated by large companies. Honestly, I would advise not going into it. I'd suggest you consider a method of close evasion. What kind of business can you start relevant to real estate, but one that's not selling business? If you can aid the big companies, you're on your way to profit.

3. Isaac Kieffer

Isaac Kieffer Entrepreneur

I don't think it is a matter of easy or not, I understand what I have to do and find it rather easy. I have been learning about the market for years now. The problems I am having is general knowledge, and keeping motivated! I know I should be calling clients and getting business. But I can never find myself to do it! I feel the problem lies in the people I am around. Everyone i know are 9-5'ers and don't want to succeed like me or don't try to push me to be better! I want to meet more people like that.

4. Griffin

Griffin Entrepreneur

Well, this community is a great start, considering we are an entrepreneur forum full of driven individuals looking to create change in this world. Referring back to your main post, I wouldn't say that going into a house with a bunch of individuals and "getting sh*t done" is very effective. It's more of a fake stereotype that people seem to think is effective, similar to people having glass whiteboards after "The Social Network" was released and there was a scene of Mark Zuckerberg (portrayed as a typical nerd) drawing on a white board. So don't fall under these stereotypes. Find what works for you, experiment, mess around, eventually you'll find what works for you.

setupdisc and Isaac Kieffer like this.
  5. Barnes Thomas

Barnes Thomas Entrepreneur

I agree with Griffin! If you really want to make good profit then you can help big real estate companies..

6. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

Hello there, @Isaac Kieffer! Welcome to the forum. We're glad you've joined us here. :) Well, I believe you've come to the right place as this online community would truly be helpful to you. Looking forward to hear more about your business ideas, and real estate ventures. Wishing you all the best.

Isaac Kieffer likes this.
  7. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Entrepreneur

@Isaac Kieffer Hello and welcome to EntrepreneurFix Forum! I am also into Real Estate as a part time Sales Consultant. It is not that easy to make success in this kind of work or business. You got to have the right place, time, people and team who will be there with you in guiding and supporting you and in venturing the in's and out's in the Real Estate business. But don't worry because you had came in to the right forum and you will surely learn many things in this forum. Well, good luck on your Real Estate venture!

Isaac Kieffer likes this.
  8. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

Real estate is not easier or harder than any other businesses. It is a great proving ground for a person to discover if they can run their own business. All Realtors are independent business people. All of them. You have to establish your own market, your own schedules, your own networking, etc. It is a great training ground to test your self control because you make the decisions as to whether you will work or goof off.

I spent 9 years in commercial real estate in Las Vegas as part of my startup firm. I spent 8 years in high end residential real estate in Central New York. I am certified as a Previews International Agent, I am certified by the Institute of Luxury Home Marketing, I am a certified member of ICREA, and a host of others. So when I tell you the following, it comes from experience. Building a real estate business is a great proving ground to determine if you can operate as an independent business person.

The toughest part of real estate is the same element that can be found in any endeavor that requires one to test their individual ability to be independent in business, that is prospecting. A successful prospector is a unique individual because they have an innate ability to not give any weight to how many "no's" they get while prospecting. The successful prospector is polished, has rehearsed their scripts for presentations and discussions, and is relentless in getting their appointments schedule filled.

Failing to become an expert prospector is the number one cause of failure in real estate and most all other independent professions.

The best thing you can do is join a Coldwell Banker, Berkshire Hathaway, or any big broker that has an in house training program. Once you get through their training and you have your business generating closings, then you can reach out to a high tier trainer like a Bob Corcoran, a Mike Ferry, etc. Just remember that one of the most important elements as you go through this process is to stay away from spending time with anyone that has negativity about the business and/or prospecting. Stay completely clear of them, they are in every real estate company and they are a plague.

I promise you, I can GUARANTEE YOU, that when you become a prospecting gorilla that you will have the world at your feet with most any business! THIS IS WRITTEN IN STONE!!!

setupdisc and Isaac Kieffer like this.
  9. briannagodess

briannagodess Entrepreneur

Hi!

My sister used to work selling condominiums which is a bit like real estate, I guess. So aside from giving flyers around and waiting for walk-in clients, she also used the internet to get clients. She posted on several websites about their condominiums and advertised there. She got many clients from the internet because of this. And most of her clients that continued on with the investment are from the internet as well. So I recommend you try this method of getting clients.

Next, regarding living with fellow real estate entrepreneurs, I think that's fine too. My sister also used to rent an apartment with her workmates just because it's closer to their work. They were also better able to think of strategies and tactics to get clients this way.

Good luck!

Isaac Kieffer and setupdisc like this.