BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Would You Use Crowdfunding?

Discussion in 'Investments' started by T J Tutor, Nov 14, 2015.

Share This Page

1. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

Crowdfunding is not a new idea, it's just a new phenomena on the net as of recent years. Today we see everything from fancy wine accessories to new robotic intelligence being promoting on the online repositories of offerings. It doesn't appear to be a passing fancy as many skeptics may have forecasted. That said, there has always been a stronger contingent claiming that it is going to see unfettered growth with few limitations as we move forward into the next decade and beyond.

North America and Europe make up 94% of crowdfunding during these years and seems to be holding steady, though the asian market is beginning to show some promise.

At present there are an estimated 1250 crowdfunding platforms with many of these being private and by invitation only.

The following are some annual stats from recent years.

2011 - $1.5B
    2012 - $2.7B
    2013 - $5.1B
    2014 - $16.1B

Would you use crowdfunding in 2016 to get your company off the ground?

What crowdfunding resources would you use?

2. K

K Entrepreneur

Yes, I think I would but more for a physical product type start up.

Not sure i'd use it for a website.

Does anyone have any case studies or personal experiences?

T J Tutor likes this.
  3. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

Crowdfunding seems to be getting more and more popular these days and I don't think there's any real reason not to use it, as many people already have with a lot of success.

I think it would still be a last resort for me though rather than the first thing I'd go to, simply for the fact it's not guaranteed that you'd get what you actually need.

4. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

Why not, right? Honestly, I am not that familiar with Crowdfunding, but I have already been hearing/reading a lot of things about them. Well, if using this one would be very beneficial for my business, then I don't see any reason why I shouldn't utilize it.