BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Zuckerberg Jr

Zuckerberg Jr Entrepreneur

You know we are living in online social age. Without social site its very difficult to pass our time. We know a huge amount of traffic are always active in social sites. So you it's a great opportunity to convert those traffic into our client. Just think about Facebook. Facebook had 1.44 billion monthly active users in 2012. This user easily convert to our potential client via our Facebook fan pages. Just make it simple,make social post. Not too many post in one hour.Engagement one of the most important to Facebook fan page. The more you engage with user the more you make $$$. Its my personal experience. Don't avoid to answer any question. Social present also show the reliability and authenticity. So social pages are important ,especially Facebook pages.Let me know your thought

2. Dandelion

Dandelion Entrepreneur

I do agree with you mate. Facebook is the door of opportunity. Where we can able able to generate enormous income and make our business one step ahead.

3. MandyMarieB

MandyMarieB Entrepreneur

I agree; we have a Facebook page, and I've noticed that a portion of our website traffic comes right from there. Social Media in general is just so important these days. You have to keep up with it.

4. Jade

Jade Entrepreneur

I would say it heavily depends on the website. Seems to be that FaceBook is so heavily saturated that you have to really think about the advertisement you're running. Ultimately, yes it helps.. How much though is the question.

5. mtayp01

mtayp01 Entrepreneur

In my opinion, Facebook pages are very important for businesses nowadays. With the clout Facebook has, almost everyone (every possible consumer, to be specific) has a Facebook account. The reach of your business will increase dramatically with the addition of a Facebook page. Besides, if your business offers good quality products and services, you have nothing to fear from Facebook reviews and comments anyway. Remember that you have nothing to lose, considering that setting up a page is totally free. All you need to do is to build up the brand enough to have several likers, commenters and of course, customers.

6. Pop

Pop Entrepreneur

There is a bit of a conflict of interest in taking Zuckerberg's word for it though. Pages have even less of their posts shared than profiles. And there is a very hard sell to try and make the business pay cash money to actually have their posts provided to people who liked/followed the page.

I run a page for a charity and I am frankly tried of being told to "promote" our posts. For many business applications I would seriously using a "group" instead as more of your material will actually get to your followers that way.

7. harpazo22

harpazo22 Entrepreneur

I agree it's very important. Most of the world is on Facebook, and it makes it so much easier for clients and customers to find information on there quickly with their smartphones.

8. Kathryn M.

Kathryn M. Entrepreneur

I agree with this. Mark Zuckerberg has a history of being dishonest so I wouldn't listen to anything he has to say. Instead, I would test the platform for myself to see if it has any value. Based on my tests, I did not find much value.

I think Facebook had the potential to be an effective marketing tool when it first opened to the masses, but there was no way for people to find your fan page. When the site was at it's peak, you could only search for people's names, and there were no hashtags or anything to search for a subject. You had to tell people you had a fan page in order for them to know you had one.

If you were already popular, then people would go on Facebook to see if you had a fan page. However, if you were just starting out, with no fan base, then you most likely did not succeed with a fan page because there was no way to find it.

The only other option was to have a very unique product that stood out and pay to advertise it on FB so people would see your page and click on it.

My verdict is that you can grow your already established fan base there, but you cannot start a fan base there.

9. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

Facebook is one of the most popular social media sites nowadays. And I agree that people, specially business owners, should start utilizing it for online marketing purposes. If they want their products/services to be heard and known around the world, Facebook should be their go-to site.

10. Cleveland76

Cleveland76 Entrepreneur

I used to be more cautious about setting up social media pages for any company I worked for unless I knew for certain we were going to have the resources and time to keep it active and up to date - since a ghost town of a company page can be somewhat of a disservice as well too. I've been to company pages which haven't been updated in years, and gave me the impression they were no longer in business. In addition, if you don't have someone actively monitoring them at the very least, you run the risk of people spamming the page and/or posting disparaging and unflattering remarks about your company.

I learned the hard way years ago when I set up a wikipedia page for a company I was working for. We were coming under fire by some arm chair keyboard warriors about the legal status of our business, and they were constantly posting negative remarks about us on various bulletin boards. When I set up the wikipedia page I basically opened up a pandora's box that I could do nothing to stop. As soon as they found the page, they started trashing us on there relentlessly, and the mods at wikipedia started taking their word as the gospel and blocking us from correcting our own description of our business. Even worse, because it was wikipedia, it was ranking near the top positions when someone searched for our business by name.

11. 111kg

111kg Entrepreneur

I don't use Facebook anymore, not since they've transformed into REAL assholes. Most of the pages have less than 1% organic views, for instance. You can get more views from sharing some content from a personal profile, but hey, you can't have a business account, because if you use a fake profile or don't use your real name, any report will lead to Facebook blocking your account and asking for some ID verification.

I honestly hate Facebook and I hope that, at somepoint, they will end up just like Hi5 or myspace.

12. Cleveland76

Cleveland76 Entrepreneur

I'm not a Facebook fanboy by any means, but the fact that your posts don't have as much reach with folks these days as they used to in the past isn't really purely the result of Facebook trying to make a cash grab off of everyone. Over the years, many people's individual accounts have matured - most people have had accounts for nearly 10 years now, and in the process have accumulated thousands of "likes" and followed thousands of different pages. The more this continues to happen, the more everyone's post activity on there will be less seen. In fact, according to Facebook, even before they started offering promoted posts, the average post was only seen by about 16% of a person's friends/followers.

If you run a local muffler repair shop for example, and say you have 1,000 people in your area who have liked your page at some point years ago and became followers, over time, they probably started following many other things which they're more engaged in, such as some political pages, or The Walking Dead, or some cooking/recipe pages they participate in a lot. So your post announcing some 20% off special will probably not even make it into their news feed, because every thing else they've liked and engage in more is algorithmically being favored more, as it should be.

It's not purely some shady move on Facebook's part to offer promoted posts, the lack of post visibility was a naturally occurring issue just by nature of the platform itself. There are only so many posts they can squeeze into a persons news feed at any given time, otherwise the news feed would be flying by like a Wall Street stock ticker as all the pages they've followed keep posting stuff throughout the day.

13. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Entrepreneur

Nowadays we are living in a world where the social media plays an important roles in some aspects of our daily lives. The question is "Why Facebook Page Is Important For Business?" Is it because this social media site had many users and followers and this is a good place to advertise your business name as well your products and services. Like me I am also a part time real estate sales consultant and I am using Facebook to market the house and lot that our Real Estate Developer are selling and I am getting inquiries from prospect buyers from this site and this is where I am getting sometimes my sure buyers aside from the referrals I am getting from my relatives and friends who are sharing my posts in this site. That is why I may say that Facebook is indeed useful in selling and marketing my products and services.

14. Pop

Pop Entrepreneur

Sure it is not purely a cash grab as people follow all kinds of stuff they actually get sick of seeing.

But it is still largely a cash grab as they are desperate to work out how to monetize Facbook, and Page admins like me get absolutely bombarded by those popups asking us to promote our popular posts. A strategy that is not a money maker for the vendor 99% of the time.

Facebook is focused #1) on the private end user's experience, #2) on their own bottom line and shareholders.

"Page" holders are not considered either of these, but primarily a source of potential income. We have been separated from the valued "Profile" holders for a reason.

15. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

Facebook pages and other social media that is available out there can really help reach a broader audience then work of mouth, email, calling/texting, and more.

16. arthnel

arthnel Entrepreneur

Facebook and other such media are going remain very relevant for a long time to come. It will always be important for advertising simply because you want to channel you product or company information to exactly where the eyes are at. Not just eyes that are glancing, but eyes that are focusing. The eyes on FB operate in a way where if they miss out the first few opportunities it's okay, because they will be logging in again in a few minutes or hours, so you will get exposure sooner or later. The EYES have it on FB an that's where many sensible advertising will be for a long time.

17. Eqserver

Eqserver Entrepreneur

Totally agree with you. Facebook is the biggest social media platform with huge users. So if anyone want to promote his/her business Facebook is one of the biggest media to promote in locally and globally.

18. remnant

remnant Entrepreneur

The major advantage of having a Facebook page is its astronomical viewership and membership since it had a headstart. I recently started a Facebook said with no content yet it already has a number of views. It also has a definite informal feel about it, akin to having a business talk over a cup of coffee in a restaurant rather than in the drab boardrooms.

19. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

You can find potential buyers, get customer feedback, inform about our new product or service via facebook page. Your online advertisement of your offline business starts with facebook campaign.

20. stillsmallworld.com

stillsmallworld.com Entrepreneur

I think we can't afford to walk away from any means of social advertising. Facebook, Twitter, Stumbleupon, Reddit, etc. The more you interact with people, the more legitimacy you bring to yourself and your brand. People like to know that there is a face behind the business, and are more willing to invest in a person than just a business.