BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Small Business, and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. K

K Member

Interesting topic, where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?

setupdisc and jonathan like this.

2. drc00k3

drc00k3 Member

I see myself with an active forum and making a decent amount of money.

3. K

K Member

D
    Do you currently own forums?

4. drc00k3

drc00k3 Member

I do but I haven't finished setting it up yet.

5. webpreneur

webpreneur Member

I've always had a hard time envisioning such a long time in the future. I tend to do my planning for only one year at a time. With the web and technology changing so rapidly, five years is a very long time for my business.

6. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Member

In terms of personal life, I believe I am already married and have kids by then. In terms of career, I hope I have already achieved my dream of becoming a teacher five years from now. :)

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Member

5 years from today? Probably still working ever hour God sends trying to make a better future for me and my family. 10 years though, I'd like to think I can at least semi retire and start enjoying what I've got from 40 years of working!

That's the plan, but as we all know, plans don't always work out.

8. 111kg

111kg Member

Probably in the med school, struggling with pathology :D

However, in terms of career, I probably see myself at aleast at a level where others can do most of the work for me and I just check and manage the cash flow and the orders.

9. Never an easy question but I'll give it a go.

In 5 years, I hope to be much more technically savvy with technology in general and more specifically web-development and design. I'd definitely like to be able to be that go to person in the office when someone has a computer issue. Also, I'd like to have a very steady side income with Vlogging or an online business. This is a brief summary:)

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Member

Having a side income is becoming more and more popular it seems as businesses are having to cut back on things such as extra hours and bonus schemes for their employees.

In the past few years, especially here in the UK some sectors have been able to offer overtime and extra payments to their employees, and people have got used to the extra money in their paychecks. Now as businesses start to tighten their belts, the extra payments have been cut, and people are having to look at other ways to earn the extra money they're so used to having now.

11. nailah783

nailah783 Member

I think I really want to just finish up my degree. I'm ready to go back to school, but my money is not. So i think 5 years from today, I should have made enough to fix my financial issues and get back into my Master's program. I need to accomplish it because I hate leaving things undone. My oldest daughter will be ready to graduate high school by then. I can't let her catch up to me.

12. pwarbi

pwarbi Member

Can I ask what your taking your degree in? And will have that an effect on your circumstances in regards altogether a job and better income, or do you just want to finish it for your own piece of mind so it's not left unfinished?

13. nailah783

nailah783 Member

I think it's both actually. I need to finish it because I hate leaving things unfinished. I am going to school for psychology because I would love to be a counselor someday, so it is for career reasons also. A better income will come when I am happy with my career.

pwarbi likes this.
  14. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Member

Fishing more, working less, earning more, spending all I want, while on my 100 foot Ocean Alexander.

[​IMG]

setupdisc, jonathan and Michelle like this.
  15. pwarbi

pwarbi Member

So you don't want much then I can see @T J Tutor haha. But how close are you to realising those dreams, that's the big question?

That and why have you only gone for the 100ft model, that's a bit on the conservative side don't you think? Haha

16. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Member

Not close at the moment, but I have been close a couple of times. Lots of ups and downs. I was a bit of a risk taker in my earlier years. I've become far more adventurous as time goes by, but I've become far more cautious and conservative fiscally over the years as well.

Up to a 100 ft., a couple can maintain and cruise coastal waters and the islands with just a 1st Mate and a steward. Over 100 ft., on average, you'll want a Captain, 1st Mate, and a couple of stewards.

setupdisc and pwarbi like this.
  17. harpazo22

harpazo22 Member

I honestly hope I'm doing the same job I'm doing now. I love where I'm at right now. I may want to be living in a different place, but that's about it. I'm pretty content.

18. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Member

All I wish is that 5 years from now that I am still living a healthy and simple happy life together with my whole family. I am not wishing for any wealth or any material things as long all of us are healthy and we are living just right within the means of our income it is already a big blessings in our life.

Michelle likes this.
  19. Valsthrivers

Valsthrivers Member

Retired, mentoring and 3/4 of the way towards reaching my goal of touching a million lives.

20. Digsby Trace

Digsby Trace Member

That's a very tricky question. But I see myself working in another country, speaking a new foreign language with a good paying career and a published novel. Well, hopefully. This question made me think about my life goals because honestly, I just go with
    the flow and don't plan my life. I even find it difficult to keep up with a schedule.

davide strina likes this.