BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. ruener79

ruener79 Entrepreneur

I was reading a book containing stories of some successful entrepreneurs in our country a while back. At the end of a story, the entrepreneurs shared their favorite business lessons. Some call these business lessons as their entrepreneurial mantra. One of the my favorites is this:
    "It is one thing to accept change, but is is more entrepreneurial to be the source of change."

I don't know but this speaks volume to an entrepreneur's spirit. As CHANGE is inevitable, I love that as an entrepreneur one doesn't actually WAIT for the change to happen, and just react or respond to the change, BUT BE the SOURCE of Change. That is just so powerful and really to me sums up the very character of the person with an entrepreneurial spirit.

Anyway, do you have any of those? Care to share?

Michka.Martina likes this.

2. jona

jona Entrepreneur

Mine is "every dollar counts". It is a little more insightful that it appears at first sight, it actually tells you that there are no small or big, important or irrelevant deals, customers or clients. Every activity counts, every dollar that you earn or can save, counts, everything piles up at the end. So, cease every opportunity and treat every customer equally.

Ladyferoz likes this.
  3. remnant

remnant Entrepreneur

My entrepreneurial mantra is 'input equals output'. What you put into a business is equal to what you will get out of it. Input is in terms of labour, marketing, innovation and worker motivation while output is in terms of profits and growth. An entrepreneur has to be proactive not to be overtaken by the competition and to rise to the next level.

4. Nancy

Nancy Entrepreneur

I love this thread! I am looking forward to hearing more mantras!! Mine would be 'work smarter, not harder'.

5. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

Warren Buffet is my great inspiration. Here are few quotes from warren Buffet. I found this image on facebook.

Warren Buffet Quote.jpg

Nancy likes this.
  6. jona

jona Entrepreneur

I remembered a new one, it is not so much of a mantra but something like a revealed truth: 90% of the things that you worry about will never happen.

When I look back now to when we were starting our business I can see how the things that we considered potential problems back then never actually happened and were not problems at all.

Seriously, be always prepared and be always ready to deal with change, but don't obsess over every little details that could go wrong, most of the times the things that actually go wrong were impossible to predict.

7. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Entrepreneur

Mine is short and simple, and relates to how I try to be adaptable and keep pushing forward in the face of challenges and failures. My mantra is:
    JUST KEEP SWIMMING…

8. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Entrepreneur

Knоw аnd stiсk tо yоur mоrаl соmpаss.It's еаsy tо gеt swаyеd by grеаt оppоrtunitiеs оr quiсk fixеs. Sеt yоursеlf аnd yоur соmpаny up fоr suссеss by knоwing yоur bоundаriеs. Whаt аrе yоu willing tо dо tо асhiеvе yоur оbjесtivеs, аnd whеrе dо yоu drаw thе linе? This is оnе аrеа whеrе gоing оutsidе оf yоur соmfоrt zоnе will dо nоthing but gеt yоu in hоt wаtеr.

. Pеrсеptiоn is King.Аny prеss is nоt аlwаys gооd prеss. Yоur rеputаtiоn is hеrе tо stаy. Prоtесt yоur pеrsоnаl rеputаtiоn аnd brаnd, аs wеll аs thаt оf yоur соmpаny, by building аn imаgе thаt's mеаnt tо lаst.

Gеt yоur fight оn.If thеrе's оnе thing I'vе lеаrnеd frоm а lifеtimе оf соmpеtitivе аthlеtiсs, it's thаt thе bеst аthlеtе dоеsn't аlwаys win. Thе оnе with thе mоst fight аnd dеtеrminаtiоn аlwаys wins оut. Sоmеоnе еlsе mаy bе biggеr, fаstеr, оr tеmpоrаrily аhеаd оf thе pасk, but yоu will соmе оut оn tоp if yоu fight smаrt аnd stiсk it оut.

Nееd sоmе mоrе inspirаtiоn? Drеаm big. Bе disruptivе. Соlоr оutsidе thе linеs. Dесidе whаt thеsе phrаsеs mеаn tо yоu, оr сrеаtе sоmе оf yоur оwn mаntrаs thаt will kееp yоur соmpаss pоinting nоrth.

9. Valsthrivers

Valsthrivers Business Owner Entrepreneur

When you feel like quitting, think about why you started.