BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. bhu

bhu Entrepreneur

Mine is a 1997 Ford F250 two-door superbed farm truck with a red camper shell. The bed is eight feet, long enough to fit a mattress if I decide to go truckamping and meetup with my RVing blogger friends. It also helps me complete monthly shopping for groceries and other needs, so I'm not going to town to the store every week. If I have to haul water from the nearest Department of the Interior public well, my truck's cab is roomy enough for me to spread out and work comfortably on writing projects while I wait for the vessel to fill. It sits tall enough for me to be able to see well in traffic, where eighteen-wheelers and delivery trucks on a tight schedule are common. The height also helps when I have to cross low bridges in town, which flood in extreme weather. Since auto clubs are scarce and ditches and ruts from lumber trucks are plentiful, I added a winch to the front, which I picked up on sale. I also had my mechanic weld on steps below the doors, so I could get in and out more easily and safely. What are you driving?

2. acheno84

acheno84 Entrepreneur

Mine is a 2006 Mercury Milan. It has enough space in the trunk to carry all of my inventory, shelving, tables, and equipment that I need to set up my merchandise at local art shows and what not. Of course, something larger would be very beneficial, but this works for now. I look forward to upgrading within the next few years.

3. Kyle Smith

Kyle Smith Entrepreneur

I have a 2014 Ford Escape. I tend to not travel lightly, and its a big enough mid-size SUV for all of my supplies. I'd recommend it to anyone.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

I own a car parts business, delivering spares to local dealers so at the moment we'be got 8 Ford vans for that purpose. I've got a Ford RS Focus as my private car but it's on the company insurance, and we have 4 sales reps that each have a Ford Mondeo.

As you can tell, I like the blue oval even though Ford car parts only take up a small percentage of the business.

5. Lynda

Lynda Entrepreneur

A buss pass.

Seriously I do a lot of my business with companies in London. With the congestion charge, parking restrictions, and usual gridlock in the city, I found it more cost effective to get a travel card, which isn't just a bus pass. It covers all public transport, so tubes, trains, buses, boats, trams, etc. For getting around fast in Central London it just works better for me, and it is claimable as a business expense.

If I have to use a car for conventions, demonstrations, etc, I tend to hire a van, because my personal transport is a little small and I can't carry everything on public transport.

pwarbi likes this.
  6. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

A lot of our deliveries are focused in and around major cities in the UK and I certainly know where your coming from in regards to the traffic.

We used to be able to allocate certain drops a time limit but more often than not we was missing the time slots on a regular basis so had to do away with that concept. Even though we was trying our best, to a customer or client it doesn't look good when your missing your own targets even though it was just because of the volume of traffic.