BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Federico.Gimeno

Federico.Gimeno Entrepreneur

I once had an iguana as pet... Also when I was a kid I caught an scorpion and put him in a terrarium, feeding him dead flies and ants haha. Not very conventional pets, I must say. How about you guys, besides dogs and cats, what type of pets have you had?

setupdisc likes this.

2. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

Rabbits - regular and jack rabbits. Had one that lived in the house....male rabbits stink, never did successfully litter train it, so it got moved outside with indoor privileges. We had a lizard at one time.

Other than that, the usual assortment of cats, dogs, budgies. Although, squirrels do come to my door for peanuts. :)

Edit - just remembered that I had a turtle. His name was Rover and I used to try to get him to do tricks so he could go on the Ed Sullivan show. Sad but true. Poor Rover died after a few months, I've never been sure if it was from natural turtle causes or my training.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  3. Marketer

Marketer Entrepreneur

When I was 4 years old we lived by a large river. Between our house and the river was a wonderful swampy area. My 7 year old brother and I loved it. We spent so much time in the swamp. We caught frogs and turtles and snakes. We were entrepreneurs even then and set up a table to sell snakes. Normal children sold lemonade. We of course never sold a snake.

We moved to an area where there wasn't a swamp but I knew where I could get turtles and at one point I had 9 turtles as pets.

4. harpazo22

harpazo22 Entrepreneur

I had a snake as a pet when I was younger. I'd love to have a pet pig though now!

5. Pop

Pop Entrepreneur

As a child my brother and I had a diamond gecko that we caught from the wild. These days they are considered endangered and you can't keep them as pets. But for me the novelties of catching insects for it did wear off after a while, so we let it go.

6. azgold

Turtles = good
    Snakes = bad!

Another snake lover!

I HATE SNAKES. Seriously, can't even watch them on TV or look at pictures of them, especially a whole ball of them. {shudder!} :eek:

7. Marketer

Marketer Entrepreneur

Michigan thankfully has very few poisonous snakes. My brother, who says he loves me, had me pretend we were in a circus and put them around my neck to slither down. Bet that grosses you out too. I am laughing. I like most creatures outside as long as they stay outside.

8. setupdisc

setupdisc Moderator Entrepreneur

I had a dog that was half wolf. He was a good dog, but the wolf came out when there were intruders near by or he was hungry! Very interesting segment of life with that one. He was a good dog overall. I miss him.

9. Federico.Gimeno

Federico.Gimeno Entrepreneur

Haha, excellent. It is fun to read your experiences on rare pets, thank you for posting :). I'd also love to have a pig as pet, maybe birds and rabbits too.

10. azgold

Ohhhhhh, I think the better term is freaked out! I can't imagine one of those awful things on my neck. I'm sure I'd die of grossness!

11. swalia

swalia Entrepreneur

I have never had anything rare as a pet. I have dogs in my house since my childhood. I also had rabbits and parrots as pets at one point of time.

12. onlinecashcity

onlinecashcity Entrepreneur

I had this weird eel thing that was a few inches long I bought at the pet store. I forget the name of it but he was a cool addition to my fish tank.

13. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

I bred macaws, parrots, cockatoos, and lovebirds for 9 years. We had a very large aviary with breeding boxes and breeding nests. All of them hand fed starting a week or so after the "pinkie" stage (about 2 weeks of age). I miss these critters, they were a wonderful part of my life.