BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Twista Tom

Twista Tom Entrepreneur

Do you want to buy new home for your living. So here some tips to before you buy any house.

Decide Whether Buying a Home Is Worth It

Although it’s more than just a matter of dollars and cents, right now, in most major cities, buying a home is 35% cheaper than renting. There’s no right or wrong answer for everyone, though—home buying comes with a number of benefits (and headaches), but so does renting—so you’ll have to weigh the pros and cons for yourself.

Know How the Home Buying Process Works

When you’re sure you’re ready to buy a home, the first thing you’ll need to do is learn everything you can about the process. There’s a lot to know, but our start-to-finish guide on the subject will walk you through the basics. Another good resource is the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), which offers videos and articles. Even if you read up as much as you can, there are some things that you might not know: don’t think of your home as an investment, don’t buy if you won’t stay put, don’t always trust a buyer’s agent, and don’t get emotionally tied up in the process (be prepared to walk away).

Beware of Fixer-Uppers

A fixer-upper house lets you buy a home in a neighborhood you might not otherwise be able to afford—if you’re willing to invest in renovations, whether DIY or leaving to the professionals. These are risky purchases, however, since you don’t want to end up with a money pit. Among the biggest money pit areas: the basement and foundation. Try getting an inspection after it rains, too. Every home buyer should get a good inspection and be prepared with the responsibilities of working on the house (it doesn’t end!), but when buying a fixer-upper, these are particularly important.

Steve Jobs Junior and EF-Roger like this.

2. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

Good advice. I did not know renting is 35% more expensive than buying. That is first for me.

3. harpazo22

harpazo22 Entrepreneur

Good advice and I've thought about getting a fixer upper as well. So this helps.