BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Griffin

Griffin Entrepreneur

I'm fairly young, and attribute my rather creative (yet also somewhat unrealistic at times) thinking to said age. I'm constantly thinking about how I can make money, when I can make money, and how plausible my concept is.
    I've thought of a few ideas recently, and these are my favourite. I'd love to hear your opinions on each.
    Please ask questions as needed.

1. 3D Printed Products Company
    The general concept is that we sell products made out of 3D printed materials. The files giving the printable models of the filament portions are free. The user can print those using their printer or a local hub printer. For an extra fee, we will also print it for them. They then purchase the electronics/extra non-3D printed components, and they are mailed promptly. Our clever designs would make assembly easy and secure. Products would be cheap, and parts could easily be replaced.
    Company Risk: Medium
    Company Start-up Costs: Medium-High

2. Messenger
    It's no secret. There are so many things wrong with messengers and social networks. Privacy issues, user density, customer service. The concept is a simplistic messenger, visually appealing, but nothing special in our design that stands out a lot. We excel in keeping user data private (not selling it off), customer support, and easy transitions to our service.
    Company Risk: High
    Company Start-up Costs: Low

I have a few more stored on the high shelves of my brain. However, at the moment, I'd only like thoughts on these. All suggestions, feedback, what you like or dislike, are all welcome.

Cheers,
    Griffin

Rinat likes this.

2. Griffin

Griffin Entrepreneur

3. Jade

Jade Entrepreneur

I don't see 3D Printing being beig enough currently to be successful.

I think the messenger idea is a good one. We need an american version of "qq"

4. Sugar Cube Productions

Sugar Cube Productions Business Owner Entrepreneur

Theres no point doing the messenger idea unless you have a lot of money for marketing. The sector is flooded with options; kik, whatsapp, telegraph, skype, hangouts, wicker. Trying to compete against these you either need something amazing, or a lot of money. You said nothing about yours stands out a lot, so why should people use it?

You should do something that:
    • You enjoy
    • You're good at
    • You know the market
    • Will make money
    The 3D printing idea seams nice, but you can't rely on other people having technology as that'll limit your customer base.

5. Griffin

Griffin Entrepreneur

It doesn't stand out with unique features. However, privacy is something that a lot of people want, and so is excellent customer service. 3D printing, you print the parts, we manufacture the electronics and send it to you. If you don't have a printer, we print it for you as well and send it with the electronics.

6. Sugar Cube Productions

Sugar Cube Productions Business Owner Entrepreneur

Wickr is the most secure and privacy centric app in the world, you won't be able to make anything more secure then that without significant investment.

I'd go for the 3D printing one.

7. missbishi

missbishi Entrepreneur

I'd go for the 3D printing business too. It's a new and growing market and it might be wise to get your foot in the door and make a name for yourself before other people do.

As for the messenger service, you'd need to make sure you were bigger and better than the current options. So that's bigger andbetter that What'sApp, Snapchat and Facebook Messenger. That's no mean feat.

8. nailah783

nailah783 Entrepreneur

You really need to think of something that you are going to be passionate about, and then what will make you the most money. If you are passionate about it, then you will work it until you can't work it no more. If you're not passionate about it, you will likely give it up at the first sign of trouble instead of working through the hard parts. So then my question would be, which one are you more passionate about?

9. Griffin

Griffin Entrepreneur

I would say that I would be more passionate about the messenger due to the fact that I am strongly against the unfair policies that current messengers put against users. It's close though.

10. Capital SEO

Capital SEO Business Owner Entrepreneur

The first thing you should do before you commit all of your time on an idea, you NEED to do market research.

You need to be sure that there is a market for your product or service. Understand the level of competition you have. If you have a product already sold and marketed by big brand stores, be ready for a rough climb. You seem to have already measured the market competitiveness for each of your ideas....

Once you are comfortable you have chosen a profitable niche, become an expert. Learn you product or service by researching online and reading a book or two on the subject.

Learn what the experts in that field have done to sell their product/service successfully, and identify how you can stand out and out do them.

The secret, no matter what you choose, DO NOT GIVE UP after seeing no performance after a few months, even a year!

The difference between those who fail and those who succeed is NOT giving up when the going gets tough. Find something you enjoy, that way it does not feel like work

Then....

Go after it ....ferociously!

11. Griffin

Griffin Entrepreneur

Thank you for the suggestions, very much appreciated.

Capital SEO likes this.
  12. Michael007

Michael007 Entrepreneur

If you believe it's achievable then it is, do your market research, see how you plan to be different from other competitors, talk with people with much More experience in what you want to do and I believe you will be fine.
    If there is a will there is always a way... failure is also part of learning, it could open opportunities to something you not even thinking of.. the worst thing that can happen, is not to take a risk....

13. xeylonfm

xeylonfm Entrepreneur

One strong point I pick form your explanation is the fact that you are thinking about making money and whether such thoughts are plausible. Now I got to tell you with actual authenticity that as much as passion may play a key role here in determining what business you may decide to adopt [at least as everyone would tell you], have an in-depth look at the possible returns [that is return on investment] you would make and the turnover rate, if you know what I mean. So I would suggest you allocate some time for research and consultation before you can indulge in any business this is because you need to have a fair quantification of what you are getting into. You need to have a background picture before you can move ahead. And one more tip, you can analyze a case study of someone who did the same business you have zeroed in on. This would be a very fundamental step that would shield you from numerous uncertainties. For a warning: don’t engage in a business because everyone who did is making great exploits. There could be a deadly catch you haven’t mustered yet. So just resort to research. I guarantee you, you will be safe.

14. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

Have you done any viability, feasibility, demographic, and projection studies?

Do you have any startup funding?

15. smithereens

smithereens Entrepreneur

I think 3D printing is suitable for souvenir making. You could also extend it to startups or existing businesses venturing out into new products. These companies often create prototypes where 3d printing is certainly useful. It's also great if the printers can be applicable to a wide variety of material since your clients may have varied preferences.