BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. The Real Chad Cook

The Real Chad Cook Entrepreneur

What are some of YOUR favorite self-development books or audios that personally resonate with you -- motivates you?

Me? Audios: Eric Thomas. His word usage and energy that he puts out comes from passion and when listening to him speak the truth, it digs beneath the surface.

Books / Authors:

John Maxwell (360 Leader, Fail Forward, Developing The Leader In You, 5 levels in leadership), and I could name a few more.

Steven R. Convey (7 Habits of Highly Effective People, How To Win Friends & Influence People.)

Maxwell Maltz (The New Psycho Cybernetics).

Spencer Johnson (Who Moved My Cheese)

Napolean Hill (Outwitting the Devil)

Rhonda Byrnes (The Secret)

Zig Ziglar (Secrets of Closing The Sale)

And I could on forever with books. :)

What are some of your favorites?

Michelle likes this.

2. 111kg

111kg Entrepreneur

While I do agree that Eric Thomas is one of the best speakers out there, nowadays he's way more focused on making money rather than educating people. If 50% of your posts try to sell me somthing, then I can't trust you, no matter what you say. However, I do admit that some of his messages are still deep in my head and changed my way of thinking.

To be ontopic, "Eat that frog" from Brian Tracy is definitely one of the best books.

The Real Chad Cook likes this.
  3. The Real Chad Cook

Right on! Brian Tracy is definitely on the top shelf. Appreciate your input @111kg

4. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

I am not really a huge fan of self-help books, but I do agree with you about "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrnes. It's a great read.

5. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Entrepreneur

My sister boss gave her a book when she was promoted in their company and the title of the book is "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People"...by Steven R. Convey...When my sister had finished reading the book she gave it to me to read it and to apply what I learned in this book into my life. The book is very inspiring and is great too!

6. The Real Chad Cook

I'm sorry to hear that @dyanmarie25 Reading these type of books and applying the knowledge it gives certainly makes a difference for those that want to better themselves. A developed person = a developed business.

7. The Real Chad Cook

Absolutely! Steven R. Convey has many great books.. "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" is one of them. Keep rocking @ReadmeByAmy ! :)

ReadmeByAmy likes this.
  8. Kathryn M.

Kathryn M. Entrepreneur

I like anything by Earl Nightingale. He reminds me of an elementary school teacher. His style of talk about success and how to achieve it is very basic, cut and try, and easy to understand. I created a Spotify playlist of all his teachings a long time ago and listen to it whenever I need a dose of reality:

Earl Nightingale

9. The Real Chad Cook

That's awesome @Kathryn M. ! :) Thank you for sharing.

10. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

Napoleon Hill
    Dale Carnegie
    Zig Ziglar
    Joe Girard
    Jack Canfield
    Les Brown

11. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Entrepreneur

Yes you are absolutely right that Steven R. Convey had many interesting books that any reader may opt to give a try to read. And his book ""The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" will really keeps you rocking! :)

12. 111kg

111kg Entrepreneur

"The Secret" is a book written specially for the lazy people. Of course that you have to think positively and straight forward to your goals, but there is nowhere in that book a phrase that sends people to work. I could wish all my life a huge mansion and some Playboy bunnies to play with, but they are not going to come unless I am willing to do the work.

13. Bonyi

Bonyi Entrepreneur

Well the first book that inspires and motivates me is the bible. It remains number one and for me unbeatable. Others that inspires me is the rhapsody of realities- a great book second to the bible and has reached all nations of the earth and also the most translated book in the world.

14. onlinecashcity

onlinecashcity Entrepreneur

I personally just throw on a relaxing and nice playlist of music I like. that in itself is motivating and helps me get into a good zone that doesn't make my mind wander too much!

15. Federico.Gimeno

Federico.Gimeno Entrepreneur

Celebrate Yourself - Dorothy Corkille Briggs. It's a great read. If you get the chance, read it.