BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

So, as a business person and entrepreneur, what is your biggest blunder ever?

For me, I have to say it was not keeping one of my companies in the 80's on a path of constant change. I allowed the company to locked in on a narrow product line that was aging along with legacy clients in the computer industry. I didn't react fast enough to changes in the industry and had to turn it over to my junior partner.

I spent a year reflecting on how this happened and it was a hard set of lessons learned for me. I am a bit obsessive now as a result. I am constantly staying ahead of the curve these days and sometimes I have to stop and take a breath when I get hypervigilant.

What's your biggest business blunder?

Ladyferoz likes this.

2. Corazon

Corazon Entrepreneur

When I was peddling clothing items to my colleagues in the office, I gained confidence that's why I put up a boutique in front of my husband's ancestral house where we stay. A week after the launching, we immediately noticed the lackluster reception of the populace. And it did not reach a year before we closed shop.

My biggest mistake is the lack of plans. I didn't have any plans whatsoever. Since I had a supplier and the boutique is the retailer, I thought clients will come in naturally. Looking back, a good research on the market will greatly help in the strategy of the marketing. But mere lack of clientelle means it is not a good venue for a business.

Ladyferoz likes this.
  3. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

I'm sure we can all point to things in the past that looking back we wish we had done differently.

My biggest regret is not dealing with a potential client because he was rude and obnoxious at our first meeting. He turned up late, insulted one of the girls in the office, looked down at our operation as if he could go elsewhere and it was us begging him for work, when in fact he needed us more.

After that meeting I pulled the plug on the deal and refused to do business with him again. Unfortunately for me, that backfired as his independent car dealership that he owned, was bought out by one of the biggest dealers in the land so the amount of work we could have got off them would have been more than all our other clients put together.

I like to think back and see it as I stuck to my principles of not working with an ar**hole but at the same time by doing that deal we'd have been a lot better off financially.