BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Do you watch movies in the theater, or wait for friends and others to review first?

1. I go to the theater and watch them. What's a few bucks anyway?

20.0%
  2. I always wait for others to watch them first to decide whether or not I will give it a try.

80.0%

Share This Page

1. setupdisc

setupdisc Moderator Entrepreneur

I've seen so many bad movies these past few years that I'm not sure how to pick just one! I wanted to say Transformers, but there was another one that made even Transformers look good to me. It was so bad that I had to block it out of recollection lol

What would your movie be for nomination of worst film ever made? You can do a top 3 if you can't select just one! :D

2. Cleveland76

Cleveland76 Entrepreneur

Oh there are far worse movies out there than Transformers imo. By the way, I'm assuming you're referring to the 2007 remake, and not the cartoon version that came out in the 80's.

I have a soft spot for awful B-movies and notoriously bad movies, so it's actually kind of tough for me to choose a top 3, since many of the movies I actually enjoy for their awfulness. There are some though, that are not only bad, but I could barely even sit through the movie to finish watching it. A few that come to mind:

House of the Dead - based on the Sega arcade game and directed by the now infamous Uwe Boll. He has a reputation of making notoriously awful movies, and some people have said he does it on purpose. The movie not only shamelessly plugs Sega throughout it, but the script, the acting, everything about this movie is a total mess. Towards the beginning I thought it was a joke or something, that the camera was going to pan back and it was just some movie within a movie, and that the "real" movie would kick in, but it never did. It was just that bad from start to finish.

Dead Above Ground - A direct to video stinker from the early 2000's. It actually had a few C-list semi famous celebrities in it, such as Corbin Bernsen and Antonio Sabatto Jr. It's about some goth kid that gets picked on in school and dies in an accident then comes back for revenge on his classmates. How original. The whole movie looks like Hot Topic's threw up on everyone. I am even more bewildered why the two semi famous people involved with it even agreed to do so in the first place.

Last House On Dead End Street - I had been hunting this film down for years, because of the story behind it, but it is a truly boring and stupid movie that is a pain to sit through and watch. The rumor was the whole movie was filmed for like $2,500, and the director - who was a meth addict - spent most of the budget on meth. It's shot on crappy 8mm film and is all blurry and poorly shot. The whole script (if you can call it that) for the movie makes almost no sense. It's just some weird drugged up hippy people engaging in some weird rituals and sacrificing people and mutilating them.

setupdisc likes this.
  3. setupdisc

setupdisc Moderator Entrepreneur

Thanks for the list of 3 not to watch lol. Yes, the 2007 remake and sequels on out for Transformers were horrid, but the 80's cartoon was good. I've seen some bad ones before, but I try not to recall them on purpose. Oh no, I just remembered one of them. It's not a horror movie, but by its own right it could have been. It had Keeanu Reeves and (believe it or not) Kiefer Sutherland in it. It was called "Brotherhood of Justice". You could have recorded a better movie on your cell phone, and hired people on the street to act in it with better results than what they had there. When watching it, I wasn't sure if it was a spoof on itself, or if they really meant for it to be that way. If you ever watch it, you'll see what I mean. It was direct to video, but it should have been direct to trash can.

I'll have to check out these 3. I think I saw one of them before since I was trying to rent a movie with a similar title to it and ended up watching one of those and tried to return it to the video store a half an hour later. I may have to watch it through this time to see what I was missinger...or wasn't missing lol

4. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Entrepreneur

I know it is from a while ago, but I did not like Epic movie. It was just awful, none of it was funny and I wonder how it made it to the big screens. I couldn't recommend this film to anyone, not even those I hated.

setupdisc likes this.
  5. Taj511

Taj511 Entrepreneur

I would have to say that recently I watched the latest movie by Spike Lee, "Chi-raq". While later I found that the movie was based on a Greek play, "Lysistrata by Aristophanes", it didn't change my disgust for this film. It had the wrong message with the worst timing socially and did nothing to challenge thought. This was surprising from Spike Lee as I grew up watching his films with such opposite reactions.

setupdisc likes this.
  6. jona

jona Entrepreneur

The worst movie of all time is called "Norbit" and starts Eddie Murphy with an extremely offensive portrayal of a woman with morbid obesity.

This movie is beyond bad, you will actually feel disrespected as an audience member. The makeup was very well down though, the job they did on Murphy to make him look like a woman is pretty amazing, but the movie is horrible overall.

Valerie, setupdisc and Ladyferoz like this.
  7. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Entrepreneur

This reminds me of one of the latest movies released. I could not go halfway through The ridiculous 6 with Adam Sandler. It has horrible dialogue to incredibly offensive stereotypes. I felt like it was a waste of time and a waste of good actors. It had potential but failed to follow through.

setupdisc likes this.
  8. Novelangel

Novelangel Entrepreneur

I think it would have to be an old Sharon Stone film called Sliver. Yup, that definitely made my number one worst movie list. I knew it would be bad when I walked into the theater and saw that there were only five people in there. Not a great way to start out. ;)

setupdisc likes this.
  9. Apolloniac

Apolloniac Entrepreneur

I thought Gigli with Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez was pretty bad. The dialogue was really cringe-worthy and the acting forced and overall terrible. I wonder who in the studio gave the red light for this movie. It just goes to show that having famous actors or musicians in your film doesn't mean it's gonna turn into a great movie-- even a passable one.

setupdisc likes this.
  10. Valerie

Valerie Entrepreneur

Oh man, there's quite a few terribad movies out there. Any Scy-fy original immediately qualifies. But I think I have seen in a long, long time was the live action of The Attack on Titan manga in Japan. It started out promising then went to B-level special effects and acting. The actors tried and failed at any level of human chemistry. The fake blood getting splattered everywhere had more character than the entire cast.

setupdisc likes this.