BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. AltusHost

AltusHost Entrepreneur

What do you consider most important aspect of Internet marketing and why?
    Is it presence on social media, a blog on your website, a good email marketing strategy or something else?

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

In my opinion they're all equally important in my eyes and to be able to get your site noticed by the maximum amount of people then your going to have to try and cover all aspects of the internet.

At the top of the list for me would probably be links to social networks, simply due to the vast amount of people on there you can market to in one swoop.

3. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

Daily Research

IM is a fast moving target that becomes more comprehensive everyday. Research is the cornerstone of Internet Marketing. Every top earner I know iterates this. I can tell you that it makes up as much as half my day at times.

Francis K likes this.
  4. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

When you say Internet Marketing, it also refers to Social Media Marketing. And yes, I believe it is very important that you have got to be really consistent in promoting your products/services on various social media platforms.

5. Dewlance

Dewlance Entrepreneur

Email marketing is important then social media when you target your ex-customers via email offers.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

I'm not a massive fan of email marketing and while it may have worked to varying degrees of success in the past, now I feel it's hardly worth doing.

People who have used your service in the past will come back to you again if you provided then with quality service. Bombarding them daily with emails and special offers will only make them think twice.

Francis K likes this.
  7. arthnel

arthnel Entrepreneur

I think the most important aspect of internet marketing is finding your targeted people. It's good to know how much time you spent on putting a great product together, but I feel that you can market that great product and get nothing in return because it's hitting a crowd that has no use for it. If we could find the people we know who would love our product and park it on their lawn I think we get to smile to bank.

Francis K and pwarbi like this.
  8. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

That's what marketing is all about. The further you cast your net, the more people that see your marketing campaigns then the more fish you'll catch, or potential customers you may get.

Finding the right customers for your product is an on going thing, and just because your business might have customers now, you should still keep looking for others and using all the various marketing techniques at the same time is the best way of doing that.

arthnel likes this.
  9. arthnel

arthnel Entrepreneur

@pwarbi I totally agree on keeping looking for other customers and that usually comes when you get into the grind of it all. There are many people who know they're product and its benefits, but simply don't know which marketing techniques best help to connect the product with people who really need and are willing to pay right now. I don't think Internet marketing is easy, but I'm sure once we get into the ins and outs we could look back and laugh. Most times things hard only because we don't know something as yet.

pwarbi likes this.
  10. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

Very true, and people tend to think once they have built up a client base then the jobs done and they will stay with your business forever and that's not the case.

Clients will come and go, and if you don't keep up with the marketing full time, you'll not be able to replace those clients that do go.

11. xeylonfm

xeylonfm Entrepreneur

The internet is just another realm of life that is very similar to life on the ground and therefore the rules of engagement do apply as they would in the common world. The only difference is the mode of engagement which is oftentimes virtual. The Web 2.0 has provided a rare opportunity in the history of mankind where businesses can be run on autopilot. We do know that online presence is increasing each and every day and therefore if you are an entrepreneur, the internet is the best shot you can have to build your business without going through the hassle of looking for a premise, renting it, employing people and all that, that always reflect on costs. Now with all this, the question of the most important aspect of internet marketing still lingers! In my perspective, the most important aspect of internet marketing is ethics of engaging prospects and I would back my point. You see the difference between a seller and a prospect is the “health” of the engagement. You may have a very great product or even a service but the way you present it before the eyes of a prospect will determine if they will pick it up or not. To begin from a distant, you might have heard the phrase that without traffic, your business is dead in the water. You may have the next product to revolutionize life on this planet but without traffic to view it, it is worthless. Now we have established that traffic is a key component of a business. Now if we can break down traffic, it is quite true that you can have a very special and demanded product that you send traffic to, but without a proper way to entice that traffic, you are twice dead in the water. Prospects will look at it and would not feel the urge to buy it! That’s the very sad truth! This is why I back my point that the health and ethics of your engagement is the single most vital component of internet marketing. It stands as the curtain between the salesman and the prospect.

arthnel likes this.
  12. arthnel

arthnel Entrepreneur

@xeylonfm I like that point about not just having traffic but having a proper way to entice that traffic. Many potential customers will look at the product and know they want it but forgo the buying because they just want to see what else is out there or they want to spend some time reviewing first. So it's important to find that way to convince traffic that now that you're looking at my product is the right time to buy, so get your card out.

pwarbi likes this.
  13. Cleveland76

Cleveland76 Entrepreneur

Tracking conversions and conversion paths of the consumer. It doesn't matter what channel(s) you are using, be it PPC, SEO, email marketing, Display Advertising, offline, whatever - if you are not tracking your traffic and conversions properly you have no real way of doing any sort of proper analysis on any of these efforts to determine if they're worth your time and money. For example, with PPC, you should be able to see exactly what keywords are driving people into your sales funnel and getting them to make a purchase. Ideally, even better, you should be able to track both online and offline (phone sales at least) which stem from these campaigns. You can't just fly blind and assume a given channel is working when it may not be at all.

T J Tutor likes this.
  14. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

I think that there's that many options and alternatives around these days, that's exactly what people do. They'll look at that many options, including your own, and then keep browsing till in the end they'll end up buying something just because they get sick of looking.

As a site owner trying to sell goods or a service, you have to try and make sure that the potential customer stops at your site and buys instantly, because once they've gone, they might never come back, even if your product is the best on offer.

15. Francis K

Francis K Entrepreneur

IMO, a strong brand that tells a story embedded into a consistent email marketing campaign is one of the strongest legs of Internet marketing. Getting people into the story you're trying to tell through email marketing is tough, but can definitely be pulled off with a dose of honesty and some word wizardry.

16. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

I think a lot depends on what you mean by email marketing to be honest. When I hear that term, it instantly conjures up an image of a shady business owner buying email addresses from a dodgy website and flooding everyone's inbox with advertising and 'special complimentary offers' that they never asked for or are relevant to them in the first place.