BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What is the best business start up for a "Newbie"

Discussion in 'General Business and Entrepreneurship' started by Juanpeace, Dec 1, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Juanpeace

Juanpeace Entrepreneur

Everybody wants to hit it big time when we start a business. We do research set aside a business plan, you try to get financial resources to back you up, but there is a drawback. You lack self-confidence because you have no business background whatsoever. The business you are thinking to start is trending and is considered "rock solid" but is it the right one for you? How will a "newbie" foretell if a business is a hit or miss at the getgo?

CjM likes this.

2. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

I think aside from the aspects of financial, location, and what's currently trending/popular, business owners should also consider if this particular business plan/idea is something they are truly passionate about. Because if you don't love what you're doing, I don't think you will be really successful in that field.

CjM likes this.
  3. Apolloniac

Apolloniac Entrepreneur

Go for something you're passionate about. Start a business where you think you've mastered/learned about the model from other companies and personal experience. I guess starting online is a good way to go these days since it takes little to nothing to start up you just need a skill or product, a Paypal account probably and a lot of time to market and sell those goods. Start with your friends and family they're sure to support you. Tutor, sell, buy, start a blog-- it really depends on what you know.

4. Foxus

Foxus Entrepreneur

Try doing research on booming industries. Passion is important, but see what the money-makers are as well.

5. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

passion is important yes. If you don't believe in what you are doing, you won't get very far.

CjM likes this.
  6. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

I think one of the most important things to remember when starting a new venture, is to make sure your not just doing it to make money.

Making money is obviously what you want to do, but it can't be at the forefront of your thoughts, and making sure you do something that your interested in, and possibly already know something about are more important in the initial stages.

CjM likes this.
  7. #DG

#DG Entrepreneur

If you have the passion to make it work and after some research it seems viable it can be a success. Sometimes you just need to try it and see if it works. If at first it doesn't adapt it until it does. You will be learning all the time. More can be learnt from failures than from successes.

CjM likes this.
  8. 111kg

111kg Entrepreneur

I honestly don't think that you require passion for the first small business. A lemonade stand, a coffee shop, a power washing or a dog walking business or even a cooking during the holidays kind of business will bring quite a large side income, but more important, you will learn a lot about your local laws, about how to deal with clients and so on. Don't look for the best business to start, but rather start any type of business you think you can handle with and do your best to make it profitable.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

Even with the jobs you've mentioned, I think a certain amount of passion and pride can be our in there.

While for a first business it is mainly about learning the ropes and finding your feet, but at the same time you still have to enjoy what your doing at the same time.