BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Pop

Pop Entrepreneur

I used to always wear a watch. Not Rolex grade, but a top brand like Fossil, I favored a designer industrial look. But in recent years, like many people, I have stopped wearing a watch altogether.

Now that a ubiquitous cell phone makes watches no longer necessary, what does wearing a watch say about a person. Old money style, like using a classy fountain pen? Or old fashioned fuddy duddy, like using a Rolodex?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015

2. Ervin

Ervin Entrepreneur

I am not a mobile phone person (and that's coming from a programmer). I find a phone way too unreliable compared to a semi-mechanic solar-powered and also very stylish Casio. I actually prefer the look of Casio (and a few other brands) to Rolex (not that I wouldn't be extremely happy to own a Rolex) because it blends modern style with the beauty of a watch.

3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

I used to wear watches all the time before. But just like what you have mentioned, since mobile phones have already taken the job of watches, I don't wear a watch that much nowadays. Well, watches can be good accessories though.

4. Griffin

Griffin Entrepreneur

I've tried to wear them. They look classy and professional. However, I find them much too uncomfortable for my liking. I'm just a jeans and t-shirt kind of guy.

5. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

There was a time when I collected fine watches. I have a passion for Piaget's and Patek Philippe watches. However, I had to sell them about twenty years ago when downsizing and liquidating during a financial struggle.

Though I don't typically wear a watch today, I do when I attend some business meetings, speaking engagements, most presentations, semi-formal and formal affairs.

6. bria1

bria1 Entrepreneur

I just got into wearing watches because I received one as a gift. It's a beautiful watch and I only wear it when I am going somewhere nice. Guess this says quite a bit about me and watches. I have a cell phone that I can look for the time on...but a watch I guess says I'm into style.

7. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

My favorite watch brand is Rolex, however, I have never owned a Rolex, I cannot afford to wear Rolex. I have owned watches from West End Watch, Seiko, and Casio. I consider watch as a symbol of men's richness.

8. setupdisc

setupdisc Moderator Entrepreneur

It means that you need to know what time it is and you don't want to have to rely on your phone. :) I used to wear a watch all the time before I carried my cell phone with me, but these days I opt to just use my phone instead. One exception to that is if I am dressing up and going out or the watch serves to be a part-time fashion watch, but a full-time fashion piece for my wardrobe that evening. It's rare that I wear one anymore, but the style of the watch might make an impression toward the people you are meeting if you choose to use one that day. Always dress to impress, even if you know the time and date.

9. guitarmom1279

guitarmom1279 Entrepreneur

My favorite watch is my custom Eiffel Tower Chanel watch my dad and stepmom surprised me with when I graduated college. I think it makes people look very professional and elegant. I believe the style of the watch might make an impression toward the people you are meeting if you choose to use one that day.

10. Federico.Gimeno

Federico.Gimeno Entrepreneur

Yeah, I don't think wearing a watch say much about you apart of meaning that you are able to buy it (or not, because people may still owe it to the shop). It may reflect what style you like and how good you are at combining watches with your outfits, IMO.

11. onlinecashcity

onlinecashcity Entrepreneur

I have small wrists so I don't like to wear the fancy ones. Maybe a jogging one that fits well, or my FitBit. I don't need to look super professional...I don't interact with anybody outside my company so nobody really cares what I wear :p

12. rz3300

rz3300 Entrepreneur

Well I would say that it used to mean that you were someone who was punctual, but now a days we all have phones and always are aware of what time it is, so it is probably more of a style thing now, which is fine. I do not always wear a watch, but when I do it is for the look, say I am going out or something like that.

13. Gregory Montes

Gregory Montes Entrepreneur

I wear watch because I got used to its weight on my wrist. I never really look at it for time. but it feels good to have it on my wrist. I have 4 G-Shocks that I wear one after the other each day.