BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Small Business, and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Sagly

Sagly New Warrior

You've been working long and hard, and your out of juice. What do you do to take a break?

setupdisc likes this.

2. setupdisc

setupdisc Seasoned Warrior

Usually I will make time to watch a movie, take a nap, or exercise light between the day's activities. If I've been giving thought to something I know I can take care of like a project or writing back to someone on an email, I sometimes do that if I don't have as much time to rest but it's a relaxed response. Other times, I'll take a moment to call a friend on the phone and see how they are doing if they have time to talk that day between their own busy schedule.

3. swalia

swalia Seasoned Warrior

I listen to some music or just leave my workstation for a while and grab something to eat or strike a conversation with someone. This helps me relax.

4. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Seasoned Warrior

Most of the time, I would just listen to music or watch a movie. If I have got a lot of time to spare, I would be reading books (novels) just to get some sort of inspiration.

5. remnant

remnant Seasoned Warrior

A cup of tea is always refreshing after a gruelling session at work. It soothes the nerves and revs up the physiology.

6. rz3300

rz3300 Seasoned Warrior

Well thankfully my breaks have gotten a lot healthier over the years, because it used to be step outside a have a cigarette when I really needed a break, but I have quit for a while now, which is great. I do still miss that little burn though, and I will always know it too which kind of sucks. But oh well, I am good with a cup of coffee and some complete silence to sit and think a little bit.

7. harpazo22

harpazo22 Warrior

I surf the internet, watch YouTube videos, or read. I sometimes watch a movie but not very often.

8. Nikita

Nikita Warrior

I just watch tv or if I'm looking to do something more engaging I'll play a mobile game or even just play a few musical instruments. I like the productive hobbies a lot more because then I don't feel too guilty for wasting too much time on just consumption and instead I am doing something to better my skills or keep my mind sharp, but from time to time I think it's good to indulge in a bit of laziness as well.

9. onlinecashcity

onlinecashcity Warrior

Work out, shower, eat, watch tv...do something I enjoy really. Anything that refreshes me and takes my mind off what I was doing previously.

10. briannagodess

briannagodess Seasoned Warrior

Here is what I do whenever I experience burn out or when I need a break:
    • I take a long, hot shower which instantly refreshes and re-energises me.
    • I listen to my favourite song or the latest hits.
    • I watch a movie on Netflix or on Star Movies.
    • I keep up with my favourite television series like The Big Bang Theory.
    • I get out and breathe some fresh air.
    :entrepreneurfix:

11. thedude

thedude Warrior

Taking breaks are great, I go kayaking, camping, drink booze or tea, go fishing, hiking, pc gaming, or plan some airsoft with my buddies. I never run out of fun ideas in my off work time.

12. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Seasoned Warrior

You may not believe me, however, it is true that I have not taken a break since three years. I am always working, I work in the weekends, holidays, even during the house warming parties. Where ever I go, I take my laptop and find time to work. I never have this feeling that I have drained my juice.

13. Raider19

Raider19 New Warrior

In the rare occasion that I get a break I either read the news or go outside for a walk. I use to work in NYC which was a great place to take breaks because an adventure awaits you when you step out into the street.

14. acheno84

acheno84 New Warrior

I will usually make myself some coffee or sweet tea and go out and tend to my garden for a bit. I like the peace and quiet I can get when I'm outside checking on my veggies. It's rewarding as well since I'm able to check the progression of my plants. Other than that, I'll put my cell and laptop away and just watch a movie for a bit to unwind and take a mental break.

15. Bonyi

Bonyi Warrior

I take a cold drink, of course when the weather is hot. A nap will really refresh me and then browse my favorite websites and chat with those who matter to me.

16. Valerie

Valerie Seasoned Warrior

I get up, move around, practice some dancing or do yoga. Maybe I'll lift some weights or study. I try to adjust my break to how I'm feeling. Sometimes I take a very long break and detach myself from the workstation for a few hours at a time by going to a walk in the park or gardening.

17. Dilof

Dilof New Warrior

Sometimes I just lie on my bed with my pillow upright with a cold beverage. I'll have the TV on too but rarely actually watch it, it's more to keep me company. It's relaxing. On other days I'll probably just load up a few games and play them (casual games of course)

18. pwarbi

pwarbi Seasoned Warrior

Shirt term breaks then I'll do anything and everything I can that doesn't have anything to do with work.

Go shopping, watch a movie, go for a meal, go to the gym, anything along those lines that will take my mind off what I'm thinking about with work. Long term breaks (that I have twice a year) I normally go and either lie on a beach somewhere, or go to New York, they've been the standard holidays for a few years now.